Beach Fish Market

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Okay now. Bought a bunch of these on the beach. I figure if I'm near the water I might as well buy fresh. Practicing filleting (I prefer not having to scale or deal w/the bones after cooking). Small medallion size morsels, but w/2 fishes worth, a nice spinach salad, and some gourmet rolls w/butter, it is rewarding.

What is this fish called? Please share any feedback regarding any aspect of this post. The fishermen said they would bring langostinas (I think these are what I know as prawns, yes, no?) Also, I'll want to be posting other fish pics for your comments. Thanks.

131_zps7b14b232.jpg.html

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Looks like a young small mouth bass, if it is you would have found a lot of bones and would end up with what I call fish mcnuggets

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You beat me to it!!!!!
We need professional help!!!!
I'll look for a "Pro" this afternoon!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It would help to know if the fish was caught in salt, or fresh water.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'd say it's Chillo - red snapper. Very popular here. As for Langostinos, those are baby lobsters (illegal to take them for the next few months because it is their breeding/growing season). Prawns/Shrimp are called Camarones.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
You beat me to it!!!!!
We need professional help!!!!
I'll look for a "Pro" this afternoon!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It would help to know if the fish was caught in salt, or fresh water.

Welllllllllll, I can't be sure, but I bought from fishermen on beach who were sporting dive suits and spear guns. Salt, maybe???

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Hammer It Is Then"!!!!!!!!!!
Put it on a wooden board, and "Whack Away"!!!!
I Always DO!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I know All About "Small Hammers"!!!!! :ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I agree with davidz on the name and on the way to cook it!!!