excited/nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
im excited and nouvous all at once. flight has been bought for june 1st and boxes being shipped this weekend.
destination gazcue santo domingo.
ive visited for weeks at a time over 6 different trips and experiance the (out of resort) life. But now it will be the real deal, living in santo domingo.

no plan for working just yet. but it will come.

any heads up from people who lived the big move?

thanks,
kathleen

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I know the feeling: Experienced it recently. Still experiencing it after a month. Sure many on this forum have as well. Commitment is key and it seems you've made it. Good luck.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Good luck and welcome to the DR....we arrived 2 years ago in the Sosua area with 6 checked bags and 2 carry ons and that was just perfect. Life is good!

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Welcome and good choice with SD ;-)

Well I just arrived with a 40 liter Backpack... Over 3 years now still going strong... You will love it here - good luck

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When I think back of the big move I highly regret I went through all that to start over in Santo Domingo. If we'd have known the state the country and the society is in, we'd have stayed where we are.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Best Of LUCK!!!!!!!!
I noticed from some of your previous posts that you have been using "Money Gram" to send money to your boyfriend here in Santo Domingo.
Mostly for his "Emergencies".
Please don't bring large amounts of cash with you when you come, THAT would be very dangerous!
Can you have someone you trust in Montreal send you money for you and your boyfriend to live on, or for any future "Emergencies"??????
Welcome HOME!!!!!
Cris

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Best Of LUCK!!!!!!!!
I noticed from some of your previous posts that you have been using "Money Gram" to send money to your boyfriend here in Santo Domingo.

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is probably counting the money, ooops, I mean days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Then why do you send him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??????
"PreDICKtion"
You won't be in the DR in less than a year, and your "Boyfriend" will have moved on!!!
"3 to 1",????????????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
Best Of LUCK!!!!!!!!
Mostly for his "Emergencies".
Please don't bring large amounts of cash with you when you come, THAT would be very dangerous!
Can you have someone you trust in Montreal send you money for you and your boyfriend to live on, or for any future "Emergencies"??????
Welcome HOME!!!!!
Cris

yup, i used money gram only once for his car accident that i saw for my own eyes. was not much money at all, 200. for paint and bumper. etc. would of cost and arm and a leg here in montreal.

going on 4 years and never had to spend nothing on him, only little things here and there when i wanted... i think of myself as a cheap person lol.... but heyy better that way saved me into not going into dept like other people.

all my trips down to santo domingo have been between 9-14 days and i never went with more than 300 can dollars.

im repeating myself and yes the answer is the same as all those other girls. ( hes not like that) . i know he isnt like that . he has more savings than i do. he doesnt want to come over here, it was set off the bat that i wasnt interested in bringing anyone over. and he never even asked.

ppl on here can talk negativly all they want.... americans or canadians dating or married to dominicans here on dr1 have alot to say ( negitivly ) but look at you.... is it all fine in your relationship... yes?? well then why cant it be for others..

thanks criss colon on the info for insurance. he went to ars humano and all the info was found . and my first day there i will sign the papers.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
sometimes i find some good info on here, but alot of times i read that some of you guys have alot of time to waste with you dry humor, im sure more people would ask questions and advise if no negative bull would be said... ok might be the truth about alot of cases for dominicans having watever reputation with grinpos.. but seriously you do bash on peoples real personaly lives. what if your white skin blond hair american wife was with you just for you money cuase you have some sort of business. .....anyways...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Future with a DDD

So why put it out there for all to see? Especially, strangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical for single mothers in the making.... :classic:
Nothing wrong with it, though.
We like to help... :p

donP

sometimes i find some good info on here, but alot of times i read that some of you guys have alot of time to waste with you dry humor, im sure more people would ask questions and advise if no negative bull would be said... ok might be the truth about alot of cases for dominicans having watever reputation with grinpos.. but seriously you do bash on peoples real personaly lives. what if your white skin blond hair american wife was with you just for you money cuase you have some sort of business. .....anyways...

I find most of the negative talk is actually good advice that people who ask questions don't want to listen to. (I am not talking about your situation)

You will understand more when you actually live here I think.

If you don't take yourself too seriously there really is no better place to get advice about the good old DR. I enjoy the smart ass comments. (most of the time :) )

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Have fun.

I do just want to add though because I hear people say all the time that their Dominican SO doesn't even want to go to the States.

If they are not upper middle class or rich, that is a lie. Especially if they've never been outside of the DR. They all want out, even if temporarily. They are not stupid, they know that people are going to tell you that they are using you to get out of DR so the first thing most of them say is "Mi amor, tu 'ta loca? No me interesa ir pa'lla. Tengo to' lo que necesito aqui en mi paraiso!"

That is to get you to put your guard down. Then after a few months, maybe a year or two....they get puppy dog eyes and feel sad because they can't meet your family or see where you grew up....you know, so they can feel closer to you.

Just wanted to say that because the first thing newbies say is "OH and he doesn't even want to go to (insert your country here)"

SHALENA

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We love ya, kid. Tough love, but we love ya.

Kinda like the strict parents that are always trying to guide their kids, but no so good at showing emotions to do it.

You've been on the board 4 months. We've gone through dozens (if not hundreds) of "my man" women on hereover the years..... the "DDD's".

Don't think you're the first that thinks you've got a keeper. They all think that, but most find out the hard truth in a very short time.

We love you too JD - but let's not get sexist here. Plenty of foreign men think they have DDD's too. :D

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
yup, i used money gram only once for his car accident that i saw for my own eyes. was not much money at all, 200. for paint and bumper. etc. would of cost and arm and a leg here in montreal.

going on 4 years and never had to spend nothing on him, only little things here and there when i wanted... i think of myself as a cheap person lol.... but heyy better that way saved me into not going into dept like other people.

all my trips down to santo domingo have been between 9-14 days and i never went with more than 300 can dollars.

im repeating myself and yes the answer is the same as all those other girls. ( hes not like that) . i know he isnt like that . he has more savings than i do. he doesnt want to come over here, it was set off the bat that i wasnt interested in bringing anyone over. and he never even asked.

ppl on here can talk negativly all they want.... americans or canadians dating or married to dominicans here on dr1 have alot to say ( negitivly ) but look at you.... is it all fine in your relationship... yes?? well then why cant it be for others..

thanks criss colon on the info for insurance. he went to ars humano and all the info was found . and my first day there i will sign the papers.

If he has more savings than you, why did you pay to have his car fixed?

My boyfriend and I are both American. We have been together for 15 years. I don't give him money. He doesn't give me money.

Status
Not open for further replies.