Normal fee for a lawyer for a Condo purchase

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
What would a reasonable fee be for a lawyer at a Condo purchase. Assume a sale price of 100 K. Flat fee or a percentage of the purchase price?

As I understand it's a difference if you go via "Promise of sale" or directly to a "Deed of sale (Contrato de venta). Assume it will be a deposit now, to "reserve" the apartment and then full payment in 2 months. Cash purchase.

Thanks for info and your experiences. :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When I bought our house I paid about 4000 pesos to get the contract notarized (2 contracts, 2000 pesos per contract) and I think 1500 pesos to find out if the title had any problems.

I know the real estate agents (mine and theirs) divided 5% among each other, but the seller paid that out of the negotiated sales price.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Thank you for your input. My question was because I don't see the reason for a percentage. Title is a title, maintenance fees paid, condominium rules ok, etc etc. Same procedure and hours with a condo for 50 k as a condo for 500 k no?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yes, correct, you're only paying for the stamp. After that I did pay some money to get the title registered and obtain a title on my name. I don't remember how much, but I think something like 12000 pesos.