dog ear cropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Thank you in advance for all the lectures of why Not to do this. If you start then you may get my lecture on circumcision in people.

Now that I have that out of the way,- does anyone know of a vet who does this procedure in the RD?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I will not lecture you, nor do I know a vet in RD who does it.

We had a boxer's ears cropped back around 2000, just wanted to say that the best advice anyone gave us was to wrap the ears around tampons each day. Worked like a charm.

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I?m not going to lecture you, I just hope no one cuts off your ears against your will because they think they stick out a bit, no, infact I do hope so. Pathetic, ostentatious, abusive owners will always be around, I can?t help that, but I can share my views.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Eat cropping is not inhumane if done properly at a young age by a vet who knows what he is doing. Tree huggers will think differently. If it's a Doberman the job can be tricky. Too small am ear gives them an unflattering, mean look. Other issue is that the ear matches the size of the dog and stsnds up properly. Done correctly it improves a Dobies appearance.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Zoom",.... Easy For YOU to Say"!!!!!!!
I bet Doberman's are VERY HAPPY how they look with those "Ugly" droopy Ears!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mainegal

May 22, 2012
No of course it isn't cruel, that's why it's banned in 25+ countries! Why would anyone perform cosmetic surgery on a dog, they don't care what they look like. It's mutilation and completely unnecessary!
Sorry had to speak my mind.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I can understand it now: I had my "Trophy Dog" circumcised. Anyone want to see my Trophy Dog. Room monitors: this is DR related because I hqve my dog here in the DR.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Eat cropping is not inhumane if done properly at a young age by a vet who knows what he is doing. Tree huggers will think differently. If it's a Doberman the job can be tricky. Too small am ear gives them an unflattering, mean look. Other issue is that the ear matches the size of the dog and stsnds up properly. Done correctly it improves a Dobies appearance.

Let me be sure I understand this - you do this to improve the appearance of a poor dog ?
Nasty

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
No of course it isn't cruel, that's why it's banned in 25+ countries! Why would anyone perform cosmetic surgery on a dog, they don't care what they look like. It's mutilation and completely unnecessary!
Sorry had to speak my mind.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but homosexuality is outlawed in many more countries... that doesn't make the legislation right..

As to ear-cropping it is done in fighting breeds to prevent ear-tearing in fighting other dogs, same with tail-docking

Status
Not open for further replies.