Carretera Turistica?.trip report

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Having not driven the CT for about a year, but hearing that it had gotten much worse, i decided to take it on the way back from Santiago this afternoon.

And my detailed trip report is as follows:
My god it's absolutely f@cked!!

And not only is it trashed, but it happened in the space of 12 months! How??
I could just about imagine an untended mountain road getting into this state in 4 or 5 years but in only 12 months?.wtf?!

Actually, its not all bad. The north coast side is actually not so bad but after Yassica and up through Sonedor and El Lleno to La Cumbre it is almost unpassable.
I fear that in another 12 months the carritos and guaguas will no longer be plying their trade which can't be good for the local community.

And such a beautiful road. Am planning to mountain bike the length of it soon which is pretty much all its good for :(

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Santiago to Gran Parada (Montellano) HR.

Well, it did have a fair amount of work done it a couple of years ago DF (just before the elections strangely enough) so its just possible that it has now reverted to pre=election state!
That said, it is still far far worse than it was 12 months ago.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
The advantage of the CT though is that it brings one out in a very advantageous place in Santiago.

It shall be missed.

That said, one can take the PP/Navarette road and then switch to the new ring road which has an exit on the CT

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Any updates on this road? Would we be able to ride it with "normal" motorbikes? Or is it ecen dangerous since people there are getting desperate? New info very much appreciated.