B+ Blood Needed Sosua/POP

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
Hi everyone ... I am looking for two males who are B+ and are able/willing to share a pint of blood for a need in the public hospital in POP ... women are not allowed to give blood in the public hospital.

Needed ASAP ... please PM me if you can do it !

Thanks !

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
Stupidity ... I was told twice no - the private hospital will allow it (I gave a pint last year for a young lady needing surgery) but the public hospital will not do it. They are stuck in the middle ages ... women lose blood monthly, etc .... nonsense. I'm so frustrated, I have two women willing and they say no.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
:( - as an aside would AB+ work - it's a pretty generic/adaptable type compatible with most blood groups?

spartanx15

Jan 26, 2007
Only Type O is a "universal donor" with a lot of exceptions. Totally STUPID that women cannot donate ! Vodoo medicine.

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I did find a male friend to donate, he is O+ .. which should be ok ... they told me no because the paper they gave me from the doctor said B+. I tried to get them to call the doctor to see if we could use the O+ and they just didn't have the time.... arrrggh

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
"Only Type O is a "universal donor" with a lot of exceptions"

Just checked with my donor stuff and you're absolutely correct - thought it was because AB+ was generic - instead it's the opposite :-( Thanks

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My brother is AB-, rare, but easy to get blood, they're the universal recipients, can take A-, B-, 0-, AB-

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
2926tn6.jpg