Motorbike 2012 Honda CBR 150 fuel injected ? good or not

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hey any one knowledgeable to comment on this bike for small trips in the DR and if the bike is adecent bike ?? Thx ( I am not a bike enthusiast so not capable of judging it ) i can buy for abt 2000us. Also i am tall would this be uncomfortable to ride?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
25uikau.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I rode a Honda for a few years and they are, generally speaking, a good machine.

HB

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Didn't know these were even available in the DR? In Colombia, they call these low cc, torquey sportbikes "Urbanos". And you see them everywhere, as they're preferable (and cheaper) to the higher capacity superbikes. They're great little bikes. And super fun to ride.

Never seen one in the DR though. All I've seen there are the low cc standards and dirtbikes.

Vince.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Small, very uncomfortable ergos (if you value your back, knees, neck and crotch-unless you're a midget), low to the ground and a stiff suspension.

Low torque means frustrating feathering of the clutch & throttle to get it going in traffic.

It's "cute" but there are much better choices for an "everyday" bike in the DR. This is not the right "tool" for the job here.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Can the forks or ? Be adjusted CB for height? I know its not the right tool however the right tool is atleast 2000 us more . I am not taking really long trips , since i have toured quite alot in previous years here ... it's really just going to be used for a half hour drive here and there generally at most......

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Can the forks or ? Be adjusted CB for height? I know its not the right tool however the right tool is atleast 2000 us more . I am not taking really long trips , since i have toured quite alot in previous years here ... it's really just going to be used for a half hour drive here and there generally at most......
Changing the height of the forks is half the task. You have to change the rear suspension also to raise the overall height of the bike. So count on two new shocks/springs in the rear also.

And when you do those changes, the entire bike design geometry will change...usually for the worse. A higher bike was never a consideration for the engineers. Just changing the length of the front forks will increase rake and severely affect turning. And won't raise the height without changing the rear shock/springs.

Besides, longer QUALITY forks/rear shock & springs will cost a whole bunch of chee$e. And they will NOT change the seat/bar/peg ergos one bit. Zero. Nada. They will just raise the CG and road clearance.

But you've already made up your mind and are just looking for affirmation now.

If you want a small, sporty bike, think Apache 180.

Once again, it's the wrong tool for your body type and road conditions. But that seems not to matter.

Fact is Dominicans are short. The "average" moto fits them well. I have ridden many motos here and they are very cramped, to the point of making gear changes and rear brake use almost unsafe. And I'm only 6'2".

One consideration would be to get a tall dirt bike (200-250cc), sell the stock knobbies and put good street tires on it. Maybe a smaller rear sprocket by 2-3 teeth for more top end speed for the road. frank12 did that with his Husaberg 570 (no sprocket change) and it works. It won't be "cool" like a mini crotch rocket, but it's form & function factor will be vastly superior for your missions.

Thank me later.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The OP posted a picture of a bike that I believe is made for India and there are a few in the DR including one owned by a person I know. It was not inexpensive, but then nothing here is.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
When it comes to riding, CB's advice is the platinum standard on DR1. I'd strongly encourage you to take his suggestions to heart.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Yes I will take his advice ! However i am going to take it for a hour test ride just to get an idea of what CB is saying . but the dirt bike with the tires changed definately the way to go ! Thx CB