Domestic violence on the other foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Anyone come across domestic violence against the male of the relationship and how the law looks upon this.
I have witnessed a few times next doors violence, she is nuts and he is a very calm quiet chap, swiss, his routine is to get up, potter around the garden, clean up her skanky mess, take his child to school, go home and god knows what. Around 3 pm he goes down to the corner colmado and sits there for pretty much the rest of the day, drinking beer and then he gets home sometimes worse for where but never unsocial or rowdy.
This afternoon I sat and had a beer with him, all of a sudden his unstable worse half pounds into the the zome and cracks him across the face with a rock while screaming on something I couldn?t understand, nor want to as I did catch the filth in her tone. She didn?t stop there, he backed off asking WTF and she kept smacking him with this rock whenever he tried to open his mouth, hence his face is really badly messed up. I grabbed her arm eventually and told her to calm down as the police were here, and then told him to go get in my car, by the time she realised the police were not there we were in the car and on way to hospital.
I have witnessed this woman hit her son (not his) across the face with rocks in her hands before, he is only 13 and this was because he went to the swimming pool down the road with his friends without permission.
I told him he has to go to police and get her under control. No matter what this was over violence is not the answer and unacceptable.

So, I know the law is strict when men beat women, but what about vice versa.................:dead:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I have seen verbal abuse before in DR and in NY with the male as the victim.

Some men do not have a backbone.

What you have describe is very abusive. Feel sorry for the fellow as I do not know how DR law enforcement handles this kind of violence.

90% of the time the male victim will not say anything.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Actually I hear it quite a lot here in the campo.
Hearsey or not, it seems a lot less "taboo" in my part or the dr, people speak about it... ( but there again so is beating on ure wife, so......).

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Yes, I am talking about real campo living. The average rent on a house here is RD2,000. I speak Spanish almost fluently and still struggle with the campo version of usage here. People still use silly remodies for easily accessible medicines. e.g. My daughter has nits from school (normal in kids), I went and bought the medication and shampoo and cream from the pharmacy and my daughters grandmother decided that her remody of shampoo, lemon and salt was a much better trick, oh! with a dose of menthol vapour rub massaged into the hair as well. My daughters eyes are red with the vapour rub, her head is painful with the salt and I am not sure why shampoo is in the mix, these things love clean hair. Try to explain logic and rerason for modern medicine to these people and it is like hitting my head against a brick wall.
Infact, a little off topic but occasionally I get really pi$$ed with these people in campo, as lack of interest in my knowledge of life outside of the campo goes very much disregarded as jibberish, ironic no!

No man here would talk about his wife getting the better of him, that is like accepting you are gay in this neck of the woods.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
i can't even take this seriously, not that i don't believe you, but come on now, a woman beating up a man???

getting hit in the face with a rock???

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Clearly no education and the man obviously has no options.
A woman hits me one time ( unless its the kinky role playing stuff) and I am gone, period, no discussion. Life is way to short to be associating with a hot blooded temperamental chica that cannot control her emotions. Its not like she cant be replaced pronto. Hell, a woman raises her voice at me and I am gone.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I know this one guy who got pored hot water on his stomach while he was taking a nap in the afternoon. on his day off. He works as a cook at a large hotel, she runs a banca at home and had to get her nails done so he wasn't fast enough getting up to do his wife's work.He came screaming out of the house with the skin burned and hanging down, the whole barrio including the women told the guy to bitch slap her. He gives his paycheck to the bitch (excuse my English)

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
The law does not make a difference between a man and a woman. I believe you have to go to a special office where the judge works for a different ministry. That judge can have the other person arrested and issues a protection order. But a lawyer would know more.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I had a little mishap late one night... and ignored it.
Finally, at 3-4am, the missus decided I needed stitches on my forehead.

Admitted to the ER, and during the 'inspection'... the doctor put it this way -
"What did she do to you this time?"

I wasn't thinking quickly enough at that hour.
I could have her put away for a while.... but the window closed very abruptly.

In relation to this post,
Yes - I think some doctors/hospitals are on the look out for domestic violence from both sides.
At least that doctor was that night.

Aug 6, 2006
Shampoo, lemon, salt and Vaporrub would certainly make the lice unhappy. But odds are, it would not get rid of nits unless the treatment included combing them out.

There is a widespread belief among Black people here in Miami that lice cannot survive in kinky hair.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i can't even take this seriously, not that i don't believe you, but come on now, a woman beating up a man???

getting hit in the face with a rock???

What do you mean, can not take it seriously a woman beating up a man. A man can not win in this confrontation, he can not hit back, even if he pushes her away and she falls then this is seen as abuse and she will have him in court in a jiffy. You are obviously not worldy enough to know that some of these women are seriously crazy, and they do go out to permanently scar a person in a confrontation. I?ve seen a woman throw a block on a mans head in Sosua and then continue once he was out cold and head mashed. I?ve seen the results of hot oil in the face on both men and women in the capital, here in campo hot water over the sleeping gents crotch seems to be the usual. It?s a fcking violent place this, on every level. Violence demands respect aparently, again the issue of Dominicans lack of respect for life heads the way. I?ve lived all over the world, including some hot spots in West Africa and I am yet to come across a people with utter lack of respect for the fellow man.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know a lady here who lashed at her husband with a machete. he was not hit only because he fell while stepping away from her but the blade passed right before his eyes. strangely he decided to move out afterwards. of course he had 10 years or so beating her up before she snapped so maybe it does not count.

two other women i know who hit their respective husbands (one incident resulted in a broken arm) did it because those dudes passed their peen into every set of genitals remotely interested in rakata. so they had it coming.

but yes, this is quite common in DR/ men stay quiet not only because they are afraid to lash back but mostly because they are scared to be ridiculed as weak.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Wouldn't the same advice that is given to an abused woman apply to a man in the same situation?This sounds like a relationship he doesn't want to be in. Seems things can only get worse and it is time to end the relationship and run. Time to document the case and apply for divorce.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Wouldn't the same advice that is given to an abused woman apply to a man in the same situation?This sounds like a relationship he doesn't want to be in. Seems things can only get worse and it is time to end the relationship and run. Time to document the case and apply for divorce.

i agree. but it seems like it's easier said or done or why else would people stay in a crappy setup like that? i guess love is a stupid, stupid thing.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
"...dudes passed their peen into every set of genitals remotely interested in rakata." This made me laugh; last time in DR that song was a hit..."Si se me pega voy a darle...Rakata'...Rakata'..."

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
What do you mean, can not take it seriously a woman beating up a man. A man can not win in this confrontation, he can not hit back, even if he pushes her away and she falls then this is seen as abuse and she will have him in court in a jiffy. You are obviously not worldy enough to know that some of these women are seriously crazy, and they do go out to permanently scar a person in a confrontation. I?ve seen a woman throw a block on a mans head in Sosua and then continue once he was out cold and head mashed. I?ve seen the results of hot oil in the face on both men and women in the capital, here in campo hot water over the sleeping gents crotch seems to be the usual. It?s a fcking violent place this, on every level. Violence demands respect aparently, again the issue of Dominicans lack of respect for life heads the way. I?ve lived all over the world, including some hot spots in West Africa and I am yet to come across a people with utter lack of respect for the fellow man.

i get it, a fight that escaled in bricks to the head or one is sleeping and getting hot oil or water thrown over them, i get it, those are events that only happens once and when it happens it's too late..

i'm talking bout a woman regulary beating up a man, or wait what!? a woman beating up a man???

as a man you should be able to get your wife in line, i mean if your wife could take it to that level that she's willing to beat you up?! ok ok, a couple % is just fckd up in the head anyway but dog come on!

and yeah, i get punched on the shoulder or a kinda slap in the face also but that's just, you know, her way to make her point clear that this battle i should let her win, but it never ever ever came to a point that ol'girl started to beat me up. naaah..

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
How can you not understand that this happens?
A man keeping his wife in line?! Wtf?! Sounds like a great loving relationship!

the moment i walk with my girl on the streets and i see a big ass passing by and i turn my neck??? well, you know why i don't do that anymore?

* she let me know she ain't having that!

so what more do you want me to write, keeping me in line = make sure i don't disrespect her in a way that should and could not be tolerated or make sure i don't do her wrong or do i really need to brake it down???

i might get away with saying certain things about girl with te big ass or i might just look my baby in the eyes while she reads my mind and already know what i'm thinking but i ain't going to break my neck in public disrespecting my girl.

the same way i allow her to act stupid sometime to throw her silly punches at me or whatever but she know better not to start a fight or give me a left right to the face!

keep your people in line before they cross that line!

Status
Not open for further replies.