How do I find out where I live?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I asked at thne ayuntamento - what is the name of the Calleton (cul-de-sac, no exit) where I live, none of the neighbours know although I think the people who organise the Census do. The people at the ayuntamento, if I say they are as thick as two short planks I am being very restrained.
They insist that they do not know the names of all calles, calletons,parades etc in their town.

DAFT I call it! Anybody know if and where I can find out the name?

Aug 6, 2006
Perhaps you could ask the post office. Or wherever real estate titles are recorded.

Isn't the word "callej?n"? That is the standard Spanish word for alley and such, anyway.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Usually the electricity bill has something interesting which may resemble an address.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Usually the electricity bill has something interesting which may resemble an address.

mine has wrong street name altogether but correct house number. amazingly the bill always arrives to our doorstep anyways. what i love is that the number says: numero de puerta - 75, referencia - lado de 73. very helpful.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
mine has wrong street name altogether but correct house number. amazingly the bill always arrives to our doorstep anyways. what i love is that the number says: numero de puerta - 75, referencia - lado de 73. very helpful.

Here in the south, Edesur has given every house (with a meter) a number based on their own system. Someone wrote it in marker on the gate. It's a very long number using letters and numerals. I'm not sure what system they used, but that is how they determine where to give the bills.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, we have that number too, i think it is scribbled on the wall next to the meter. why bother with the address then, i have no idea. maybe it looks posh in the system: look, we are a civilized country and our streets have names!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I asked at thne ayuntamento - what is the name of the Calleton (cul-de-sac, no exit) where I live, none of the neighbours know although I think the people who organise the Census do. The people at the ayuntamento, if I say they are as thick as two short planks I am being very restrained.
They insist that they do not know the names of all calles, calletons,parades etc in their town.

DAFT I call it! Anybody know if and where I can find out the name?

Go to the entrance of the street and paint "Calle granca" on the wall, fence, curbing, or whatever solid unmovable object is nearby and you will have the name of the street.

Regards,

PJT

Here in the south, Edesur has given every house (with a meter) a number based on their own system. Someone wrote it in marker on the gate. It's a very long number using letters and numerals. I'm not sure what system they used, but that is how they determine where to give the bills.

Yes I noticed this a few weeks ago that someone wrote many numbers on our outside wall and I assumed it was edenorte since we are all getting meters within the next few months in our Barrio.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Egads, next ,you will be wanting a zip code. You are the third house past the big tree across from the colmado. Everyone knows that. There is no mail. Why does one need a house number? My friends all know where I live. We have gotten along just fine the way things are, why change? Relax, lets play some dominoes under the big tree and drink a bit of rum. You gotta get your priorities in order and stop worrying.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I always like it when the address includes,..."Parte Atras".
My next door neighbor and I have the same address!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"HR" found me using her "GPS".