Metro Feeder Buses

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
For years Pechardo has been gushing about the feeder bus routes that will be tied to the Metro. and how this will alleviate the traffic problems. Well now we have the answers the transports unions have proved again who is the boss.

7. Metro feeder buses ceded to OMSA
After years of trying to turn 88 new buses into feeder routes for the two lines of the Santo Domingo Metro, the OPRET has announced that the buses would instead be integrated into OMSA routes. OMSA is the Dominican government bus line that operates alternative routes to the Metro. The buses, which have been parked for more than a year, were purchased during the Leonel Fernandez administration and cost over US$8 million. Privatized transport unions have opposed the operation of the feeder routes by the government. The government finally gave in and authorized the buses to operate in the OMSA routes.

So no feeder routes and the same old bull**** with the guagas and publicos.

Suck it up Pechardo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The government is controlled by the transport unions, among others.
"Feeder Buses" would mean fewer passengers for the union "Publicos" & "GuaGuas", therefore, "No Feeder Buses"!!!!
Besides, the "Politicos" already got their "Kick Backs" on the purchase of the buses in the first place!
All the buses will be useless in a year due to misuse and no maintainence in any case.
Then, "Repeat As Needed"!
"Same 'Ol, Same "Ol"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I agree with everything except...

it won't take amyear for those buses to start breaking down because they have already been parked in the elements for a year. Who know how many parts have been cannibalized. I hate this, it's depressing and predictable. Who remembers the "pollitos" from 2000? They were handed out to taxistas to supposedly improve safety. They became publicos within a few months.

"Feeder Buses" would mean fewer passengers for the union "Publicos" & "GuaGuas", therefore, "No Feeder Buses"!!!!
Besides, the "Politicos" already got their "Kick Backs" on the purchase of the buses in the first place!
All the buses will be useless in a year due to misuse and no maintainence in any case.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The heads of the transport unions had dozens of "Pollitos" parked in their back yards!
The "Taxistas" were "Supposed" to pay a little each month toward the purchase of the vans, of course THAT never happened!
CC
No wonder Dominicans are so "HAPPY" ,as was posted in a video in another thread today!
"Free Money" can do THAT!!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What was worse is they brought those yellow "pollitos" that could not be serviced locally, as the main dealer did not hold parts and as far as I remember was cut out of the deal.

Makinater

May 4, 2013

Nothing else needs to be said, unfortunately. It is definitely nepotism and private economic interests that are responsible for much of this country's infrastructure problems, be it transport or power related.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Policia National, about 10 or so years ago, bought a "Fleet" of Ford Explorers from "Viamar" the local Ford dealer.
They didn't spring for the additional "Maintenence Package" which included "Parts".
They fell apart within a few years!
They just purchased another "Fleet" of "Explorers.
Wanna bet they suffer the same "Fate"????

When I was brought here to work 19 years ago, my "Jefe" who had worked in the same hospital that I did in Boston for over 40 years, said, "I want you to Maintain the equipment".
"Dominicans don't Maintain ANYTHING, and "Preventive Maintenence" is a concept they can not begin to comprehend!"
He was a Dominican, and boy was HE Right!
They see no value whatsoever to spending money today, to save money "Manana"!
Things have not changed in the last 19 years, and never will.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

As far as the "Pollitos" go, they didn't go through the local dealer, they set up a sham company, with no facilities, and bought direct from Japan.
Easier to hide the cost of the vehicles that way, and get a bigger "Commision"!
They use the same scam to buy planes, busses, "HOSPITAL EQUIPMENT" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: