Are Notary Publlics Easy To Find?(Please Help)

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to piece together the Million pieces of documentation I need for my upcoming wedding.

I was searching the U.S. Embassy website thinking that is where I'd get my declaration of solteria.

Evidently, I'm wrong, the site says I need a " Sworn declaration before a notary public, of being single and eligible to marry"

So now, I need to know if there are notary publics everywhere and simple to deal with or no?

I appreciate and solid help. Thanks.

Torre

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We have always gone to our lawyer to notarize documents. I think most lawyers are notaries. As I remember its not cheap.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There are two or three at least even in the small towns in the DR. Takes a few minutes and shouldn't be that expensive.

Matilda

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
Where are you? a Notary Public of the type in the USA is not duplicated here in the DR as far as I know. In the USA you can go to any car lot and if they don't have one they'll know who they always use since every car sale requires one.
Der Fish

I live in the DR. So of course, its gonna be a lot of drama doing this too huh? Lol... Nothing comes easy here, sheesh.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Oh please, we're going through the same thing this week....... an application for some aid from Hurricane Sandy damage was denied last year, because we "only" had $82,000 damage, which is less than 50% of our home's value. Now they've changed the requirements and will give us money to finish, plus reimburse us for what we've spent out of pocket [insurances only gave us $27,000]. Daughter called for us - explained we're in DR. They want notarized letter saying that she has our authority to act on our behalf with the State of NJ on this. Easy, right?

As indicated above, what a nightmare. Found one guy - they're all lawyers from what I understand - and have spent a week trying to make an appt. He insists that it has to go to the government afterwards for some certification. Just doesn't understand that we only want him to verify that we signed the document. Making it a big project.

Today another lawyer is 'supposed' to come to our house, he's working on deslinde for the property here, we only have Carta de Constaza or something like that. Supposedly, when he comes here, he can do this for us. We'll see.

Grrrrrrr......

In the US, every Tom, Dick, Mary and Bob are notaries, most of them don't even charge. I can't wait to see what this is going to cost us.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
many lawyers are also notaries. their business cards or letreros will have notario sign on them. they are very common everywhere around DR.

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
Oh please, we're going through the same thing this week....... an application for some aid from Hurricane Sandy damage was denied last year, because we "only" had $82,000 damage, which is less than 50% of our home's value. Now they've changed the requirements and will give us money to finish, plus reimburse us for what we've spent out of pocket [insurances only gave us $27,000]. Daughter called for us - explained we're in DR. They want notarized letter saying that she has our authority to act on our behalf with the State of NJ on this. Easy, right?

As indicated above, what a nightmare. Found one guy - they're all lawyers from what I understand - and have spent a week trying to make an appt. He insists that it has to go to the government afterwards for some certification. Just doesn't understand that we only want him to verify that we signed the document. Making it a big project.

Today another lawyer is 'supposed' to come to our house, he's working on deslinde for the property here, we only have Carta de Constaza or something like that. Supposedly, when he comes here, he can do this for us. We'll see.

Grrrrrrr......

In the US, every Tom, Dick, Mary and Bob are notaries, most of them don't even charge. I can't wait to see what this is going to cost us.

I love this country for so many reasons, but the insane red tape, hoop jumping and bureaucracy leaves me discouraged more times than I can count.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I love this country for so many reasons, but the insane red tape, hoop jumping and bureaucracy leaves me discouraged more times than I can count.

I agree....for a place where laws are mostly ignored, just try to get something done through the legal system/government.......

Nothing is simple.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
The US Consulate in Puerto Plata can notarize documents for use in the US. We had a power of attorney done there. Cost US$50 per stamp (so if you have multiple pages it can be pricey). You have to have an appointment. Here's the website with more info: spam links generally less to being banned....

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I live in the DR. So of course, its gonna be a lot of drama doing this too huh? Lol... Nothing comes easy here, sheesh.

It's easy, those that are notaries will have a shingle saying : Abogado Notario and they are not very expensive for most documents, at least the one we use in Jarabacoa isn't.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Hi all,

I'm trying to piece together the Million pieces of documentation I need for my upcoming wedding.

I was searching the U.S. Embassy website thinking that is where I'd get my declaration of solteria.

Evidently, I'm wrong, the site says I need a " Sworn declaration before a notary public, of being single and eligible to marry"

So now, I need to know if there are notary publics everywhere and simple to deal with or no?

I appreciate and solid help. Thanks.

Torre

If you are in the USA, I'm pretty sure you need to go to the Dominican Consulate to make that declaration and they notarize it there. I don't know how to get it if you are in the Dominican Republic.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Notary service for what you are looking for shouldn't cost you more than 50 or 80.00USD at the most. It is just a swearing statement which has not value. Come to Juan Dolio and I will have our in house lawyer do it for 3000.00RD, our lawyer speaks english to

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
Notary service for what you are looking for shouldn't cost you more than 50 or 80.00USD at the most. It is just a swearing statement which has not value. Come to Juan Dolio and I will have our in house lawyer do it for 3000.00RD, our lawyer speaks english to
Very kind offer from you, you guys are amazing!!! Thank you! Hopefully I'm all set here in Jarabacoa though. Thanks for the pricing info :)