Movin' on up! Playa Laguna

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Well we decided to move from the campo to Playa Laguna. We have yet to sign the rental lease, and I am curious to know how the area is as far as safety, security, noise and families.

We'd also be interested in meeting some neighbors, my posse includes me, my wife, and 14yo boy, a 7yo boy, and a 1 1/2 year old girl.

We are also looking at the two schools for August, if anyone has any in site into which is better/cost effective and what not that would be great.

Thanks...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
why do you decide to move to a place when you seem to know nothing about it?

First of all, I haven't decided which is why I am asking... I haven't signed the lease yet!

Secondly, when I was 19 I moved from the sticks of northern Minnesota to Minneapolis, knowing very little about it. Then, 5 years later I moved to North Dakota, again, all I knew was that it was windy, full of farms, and had a college that accepted me. Later, I moved back to northern Minnesota because someone had hired me. I knew very little about that town, other then it was somewhat similar to the one I had lived in before. After a while there, I packed what I could in my truck and moved to Colorado. I had a job interview, and moved found and apartment when I got the job. I knew even less about Colorado than all the other places I have lived, only what I had seen in pictures and read on wikipedia. Again, I moved back to Minneapolis, and after a while married a nurse I worked with. I moved to her place in Wisconsin, only knowing that someone in Wisconsin would have sex with me willingly. We then decided it was too cold in Wisconsin, and set our sights on the Caribbean. I moved to the Dominican Republic knowing as much as I could, but still very little. Even after a years research of a place, one can only know so much. Now that I am here, I have decided to move closer to the ocean! I have seen the house twice, and have been to the area as much as I feel necessary.

Most importantly, I do know the area fairly well, but my experience has taught me that you can only know so much. In order to fully understand a particular area one must ask people who live there, make acquaintances and believe about 10% of the BS they say. The other 90% of knowledge comes from actually living there.

What I must ask you is; why would you respond to a question with ignorance, condescending drivel, and conjecture? If you have no insight to offer, then why would you waste your time and mine typing such a stupid question?

Perhaps you should spend more time with your neighbors and less time on the computer attempting to assert your unearned superiority. Then maybe next time someone asks a question, you will be able to respond intelligently.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I lived there in one of the high rises on the beach for 3-4 mos. I thought the security was good and felt very safe. Was very quiet and not too many families. Next door within walking distance is the beautiful Sosua Ocean Village resort

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I lived there in one of the high rises on the beach for 3-4 mos. I thought the security was good and felt very safe. Was very quiet and not too many families. Next door within walking distance is the beautiful Sosua Ocean Village resort

Yea, the Sosua Ocean Village looked nice. My kids will enjoy the water park.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
First of all, I haven't decided which is why I am asking... I haven't signed the lease yet!

Secondly, when I was 19 I moved from the sticks of northern Minnesota to Minneapolis, knowing very little about it. Then, 5 years later I moved to North Dakota, again, all I knew was that it was windy, full of farms, and had a college that accepted me. Later, I moved back to northern Minnesota because someone had hired me. I knew very little about that town, other then it was somewhat similar to the one I had lived in before. After a while there, I packed what I could in my truck and moved to Colorado. I had a job interview, and moved found and apartment when I got the job. I knew even less about Colorado than all the other places I have lived, only what I had seen in pictures and read on wikipedia. Again, I moved back to Minneapolis, and after a while married a nurse I worked with. I moved to her place in Wisconsin, only knowing that someone in Wisconsin would have sex with me willingly. We then decided it was too cold in Wisconsin, and set our sights on the Caribbean. I moved to the Dominican Republic knowing as much as I could, but still very little. Even after a years research of a place, one can only know so much. Now that I am here, I have decided to move closer to the ocean! I have seen the house twice, and have been to the area as much as I feel necessary.

Most importantly, I do know the area fairly well, but my experience has taught me that you can only know so much. In order to fully understand a particular area one must ask people who live there, make acquaintances and believe about 10% of the BS they say. The other 90% of knowledge comes from actually living there.

What I must ask you is; why would you respond to a question with ignorance, condescending drivel, and conjecture? If you have no insight to offer, then why would you waste your time and mine typing such a stupid question?

Perhaps you should spend more time with your neighbors and less time on the computer attempting to assert your unearned superiority. Then maybe next time someone asks a question, you will be able to respond intelligently.
I admire your pioneer spirit. Truly. I moved to numerous cities not knowing squat about them.

However, you can tell the difference between pioneers and settlers because the pioneers have arrows shot in their front...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
drsix now it is clearer to me why you are asking like that: you have a long history of moving to places that you know little about. good luck.

Yes, I do enjoy the unknown. I have enjoyed a lengthy history of love, laughter, experiences, pain, and regret. If you'd like to hear more, name the time and place. The first, and possibly second, drink are on you...

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

talk about knowing how to make someone shut up! nice! LOL!

but still, his question is the question we all had when reading that!

but hey..

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I admire your pioneer spirit. Truly. I moved to numerous cities not knowing squat about them.

However, you can tell the difference between pioneers and settlers because the pioneers have arrows shot in their front...

A sentiment worthy of thought of introspection. My father spent his entire life in the same zip code. I have a passport full of stamps. One day soon, I will break ground on my very own homestead, but only after I have either found the perfect piece of dirt or grown weary of airplane food...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A sentiment worthy of thought of introspection. My father spent his entire life in the same zip code. I have a passport full of stamps. One day soon, I will break ground on my very own homestead, but only after I have either found the perfect piece of dirt or grown weary of airplane food...
There is no "perfect piece of dirt"...unless you are at complete, eternal peace with yourself.

Then all dirt is perfect.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

Perhaps you should spend more time with your neighbors and less time on the computer attempting to assert your unearned superiority. Then maybe next time someone asks a question, you will be able to respond intelligently

Way to hit em over the head at the end there.......

Nice....

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

Wow!

Such a diatribe....
And even I thought this was a reasonable question.......

Ah welll,, Dr1, the best source of opinion on the web...............

Love it!

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
It depends which part you are talking about. The first and second phase have no security and have been known for a lot of crime. The newer 3rd phase where the luxury condos are located has some security and should be a safer option.
Well we decided to move from the campo to Playa Laguna. We have yet to sign the rental lease, and I am curious to know how the area is as far as safety, security, noise and families.

We'd also be interested in meeting some neighbors, my posse includes me, my wife, and 14yo boy, a 7yo boy, and a 1 1/2 year old girl.

We are also looking at the two schools for August, if anyone has any in site into which is better/cost effective and what not that would be great.

Thanks...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why would you respond to a question with ignorance, condescending drivel, and conjecture? If you have no insight to offer, then why would you waste your time and mine typing such a stupid question?

I think I will be incorporating this in the message board TOS :)

No need to comment on my post, back to regular programming.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I remember when airlines served food. I too grew up in a family that never went anywhere. After starting work I lived in 6 different places. I did come to the DR knowing not to expect much and in that I have never been disappointed. I know nothing about Playa Laguna other than they seem to have recently paved the road, at least the section close to the main highway.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nice to see that even Robert gets "Double Posts"!
Now he knows we're not all crazy.
CC

This is what happens when you press the post button again, after the post does not appear.
Normally if you're on a slow connection or the connection is dropped.