Transportation from Km 9 to Km 12 Autopista Duarte

natz86

May 29, 2012
Hi,

What's the most secure or better way of transportation from Km. 9 to Km. 12 of Autopista Duarte?

Thank you very much for your help!

natz86

May 29, 2012
Wow! I actually joined this forum because I saw many people were willing to help each other out.

Guess I got the wrong impression.

Thank you anyways!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Jump in a publico (anything on 9 will be going to 12km so you cant go far wrong), it is Duarte after all, you are not going to get lost, 25 pesos. Just tap his shoulder when you want out! simple.

If you are a bit unfamiliar with publicos just flag down a conchisto, 40pesos will get you to 12km

But if I was unsure or paranoid or clueless I would probably take the 12 minutes needed to walk it.

I remember the early days in the city, a bit freightening to get involved in the public transport and so ended up taking taxis everywhere. Start using the publicos around the capital, not the guaguas, and you will be able to navigate it entirely within a few weeks confidently, know the numbers of the cars and which to flag and which to wave on by. Good luck.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Flag down only those with yellow bibs tied around the handle bars, or even sometimes over thier shoulders where they should be. These are more likely to be legit and won?t pi$$ about with you as they are more likely to lose their license to conchisto

natz86

May 29, 2012
Got it! Thank you so much! Public transportation in this city scares me.

Thank you again!

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
It's called fear of the unknown. You'll never get over it unless you make it known. Also, making public transportation known is a necessary "survival skill" for those of us on the margin.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Any publico with 22 28 on it will pass K12 as they go all the way out to k28 cost 25rd at this time. just tell him where you want to get out at.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Nat, if you want to be close to Duarte and within metro distance then I suggest moving to Ensanche Luperon, this begins about 2 miles past Sambil towards Duarte. There you have the option of publicos on a one way street right down onto Duarte, the motorconchos of which there are many and the nice big shiny metro which is in the middle of the round about and you can see Duarte from there so it is an ideal place if this is what you require. Nice apartments in Ensanche Luperon start at around RD8,000 per month, with intercom and enclosed parking etc, I know there is a one on the ground floor of edificio Marie on calle 29 right now, baseball ground on the corner, plenty colmados and a 5 minute publico to Plaza Lama off Duarte. You won?t have an issue finding a place there or round abouts. If alone I would stay with apartments rather than houses.

natz86

May 29, 2012
I was hoping to share an apartment so it wouldn't be so expensive and live maybe in Urbanizacion Fernandez or Claret.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Sharing with those you do not know here in DR is not advisable.

You don?t really need to be near Kennedy or Duarte, just be close to a metro.

I suggest maybe opening up your scope a little maybe.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
All this effort and still only number 19 on the stats, jaja!! I?ll try to post more to help you out. And you can?t even get me recognised in the receieved stats, terrible effort young man, pathetic even. Come on now, get that finger clicking.