Best beaches and beach clubs

R

rustyhamby

What are the top 3-4 beaches around POP in terms of the prettiness of the beach that are easily publicly accessed? Also, what are the best beach clubs on those beaches in terms of prices for drinks and chair rentals?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Ok, I'll start....

Playa Alicia y Parque for prettiness. They do need to plant some trees though.

Last edited:

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I love the beach in Cabarete. Not good for swimming, as the waves are too rough, but it is beautiful, and you can watch the kite surfers.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
The beach in Sosua is beautiful with lots of shade and tranquil waters for swimming. I like a beach where I can swim, not just look at the water. There are plenty of places to eat and drink, several good restaurants. You can lounge in the shade and in one minute be in the water and swimming. If it was to be made over, there would be a danger in losing the amenities that many of us love. And it would be horrible if we were to loose any trees.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Unless you want a prisinte white sandy beach full of AI visitors (punta cana) I would stick to Sosua beach .........it has flavor and a uniqueness all its own. If we loose it, it will become just another beach!... Try Playa Los Gringos go through Gaspar Hernandes it will be on the left of course not well marked but it is beautiful.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Unless you want a prisinte white sandy beach full of AI visitors (punta cana) I would stick to Sosua beach .........it has flavor and a uniqueness all its own. If we loose it, it will become just another beach!... Try Playa Los Gringos go through Gaspar Hernandes it will be on the left of course not well marked but it is beautiful.

In the little town of La Yagua, at the east end just past the cell tower that is situated on the south side of the road.....nice beach.....

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Closer to Santo Domingo, beach Club Cafe del Sol in Juan Dolio, run be Metro Country Club.
Shallow, calm waters with close proximity to reef- where water shoes and you are waist high in water at reef point.
Good food, waiters and attendants, showers, etc.. all 35 minutes from Santo Domingo. You can play golf at the MCC Los Marlins course - live in JD and work in the City is a great combination.

Aug 6, 2006
I really like Las Terrenas. Rio San Juan is nice because there is a freshwater spring (Gri-Gri) nearby. San Rafael W of Barahoa is nice, also with fresh water, as is the beach at Los Patos. I have heard Punta Rucia near Puerto Plata is great, but I have not been there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I really like Las Terrenas. Rio San Juan is nice because there is a freshwater spring (Gri-Gri) nearby. San Rafael W of Barahoa is nice, also with fresh water, as is the beach at Los Patos. I have heard Punta Rucia near Puerto Plata is great, but I have not been there.

You can take a small motor boat from Playa Caleton to the Gri Gri for a modest fee. Very nice.