most stupid post but.....

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I cant find any decent sunglasses in sosua ( a beach town) any suggestions other than a trip to la sirena which arent much better.

I would like them to be a)normal size and b)actually be able to see through them

Im thinking it might be easier to order on line after 7 normal shops and walking the length beach

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it will be easier to order online. there is nothing in between cheap sunglasses that cost few bucks and expensive brands in optician stores. and those brands are cheaper online.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
If you order, take a look at Maui Jim. Best glasses for the money. I got three pairs.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ive got through three cheap ones(all lasted less than two weeks) and am now wearing old 15 year old ones from australia that have gone green with mildew.

The cheap ones all broke in the same place(just above the left eyebrow) and were much too dark to see through properly

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I cant find any decent sunglasses in sosua ( a beach town) any suggestions other than a trip to la sirena which arent much better.

I would like them to be a)normal size and b)actually be able to see through them

Im thinking it might be easier to order on line after 7 normal shops and walking the length beach

Well,

At least you got the title to this thread right......

Good luck with the sunglasses!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think sunglasses (eyewear in general) is the wrong place to skimp....

you onle have 2 eyeballs and need both.

Maui Jim, Oakley - an athletic brand..... they aren't cheap., but they're light so the MIA box won't kill you

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
so do tell where to find decent glass Mr Beans

My guess would be PP Airport,

(I'm assuming that's the closest airport for you)

If you don't mind overpaying.....(How bad do you want them?)

There's gotta be some shops around there that sell some decent glasses.....

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
in sosua they dont have guys walking around with straps full of imitation glasses like they do on any boulevard in santo domingo??

green with mildew is sooo nasty... i work in an optical lab and gag about twice a day when i see a pair.... client keeps the same frame but changes the lenses...... gezzz pay 100$ more and change the whole thing.. yukkk

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Try Cabarete. Lots of surf/windsurf/kiteboard shops usually means lots of sunglasses.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Caribewind in Cabarete is probably the best place to look for overall selection. Barring that, i bought the best pair of sunglasses i've ever tried for the redhead last year and both her and i fight over them. They are transition sunglasses that darken or lighten depending on the light. She uses them at night when driving her scooter, as well as during the day when its very sunny out. you can get them delivered here from Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Oakley Men's Flak Jacket XLJ Transitions Sunglasses,Dark Grey Frame/G40 Lens,one size: Clothing

I have a pair exactly like them, but without the light transition. i paid $180 for them and have the receipt. you can have them for $100. they're new, with receipt. I will just simply apply the $100 towards a pair of $220 Transitional sunglasses. Yep, they're that good.

Frank