La Zanja (The Ditch)

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
This week I'll be starting to do work on some land I own in Higuey. First thing is to install an 8ft. long 1ft. diameter PVC pipe in a zanja in front of the entrance to the property. Of course, the idea is to level the entrance for vehicle passage while retaining road water drainage integrity. What is this work called so that I can get some info on the Net? Does anyone have useful operational info? Most importantly, I'm looking for the best way to secure the pipe against theft. Thanks.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
This week I'll be starting to do work on some land I own in Higuey. First thing is to install an 8ft. long 1ft. diameter PVC pipe in a zanja in front of the entrance to the property. Of course, the idea is to level the entrance for vehicle passage while retaining road water drainage integrity. What is this work called so that I can get some info on the Net? Does anyone have useful operational info? Most importantly, I'm looking for the best way to secure the pipe against theft. Thanks.

You could cover the pipe with grave and cement. How deep is your ditch?
You tube might be a good start.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
You could cover the pipe with grave and cement. How deep is your ditch?
You tube might be a good start.

The ditch is deep enough to cause difficulty for vehicles but not enough to fit the pipe. We have to dig more to make it fit. What keywords do I use to search other than ditch?