Inflatable bed - where to buy?

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Anyone seen them here on the North coast?

Just saw them at La Sirena in POP on end cap in front aisle near stationary.
I think they are on sale too and maybe in circular that you might be able to view online.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, 2,500 pesos will get you a queen size here in puerto plata...comes with pump and a 6 x 6 patch should you do the funky comadeena...no, serious, very strong! And inflates in about 2 minutes comes with pump

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here it is, on offer in la sirena:

2a7bfhd.png

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
New Premium Bestway Queen Size Comfort Quest Airbed With Built In Electric Pump | eBay

THIS IS ALMOST THE EXACT ONE I HAVE, MINE HAS THE BUILT IN PILLOW ACROSS THE TOP, OTHERWISE ITS THE SAME...VERY COMFORTABLE! I ACTUALLY DECIDED ON THIS RATHER THEN A REGULAR MATTRESS AFTER SEEING A FEW OVER BETWEEN JOSE LUIS AND THE HOSPITAL SELLING FOR 3,000 PESOS AND UP. COME TAKE A NAP TO TEST..LOL....SERIOUS, IF YOUR IN THE AREA PM ME, YOU CAN COME SEE IT

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do not buy it online. those things weigh so much the shipping costs will break your wallet.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Foe sho! ;) this was about a good 25 pounds, i got mine at la serina 2,500 pesos. In just 2 minutes you too can be sleeping... :)

do not buy it online. Those things weigh so much the shipping costs will break your wallet.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I was in Santiago and bought two at pricesmart. I think the queen was 3000 pesos. It is an Intex Model AP619A. It is very high and has a built in pump. Inside use only. I inflated this one and it seems nice.

The second is an Intex twin Model AP638. It includes a separate pump but it takes 6 C batteries. I have another pump that plugs in so I am not going to use the 6 C batteries. Can be used for camping and is low to the ground. I will see if I can find my receipt for the exact price.

I have bought folding tables and folding chairs from pricesmart. They are more expensive but they seem to be good quality.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
They are prone to leaks, then the pump goes off and on all night. Not for a permanent bed.

my parents in poland have one that i use when visiting. good 50 cm tall, it's massive. no leaks or any other problems but man, it's not the most comfortable bed.

May 29, 2006
Yes they work for a while, but I don't think most will last a year of daily use. We have one for holiday visits and it lasted three Christmases before it got a leak, so about 10 days. I expect ones made for camping will be more durable.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
i got a queen size about knee high blow up bed with pump conected for 2300 ps in jumpo last year, cant rememeber if it was on sale or not. took about 6 days before i needed to add more air into it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yes they work for a while, but I don't think most will last a year of daily use. We have one for holiday visits and it lasted three Christmases before it got a leak, so about 10 days. I expect ones made for camping will be more durable.

i agree, i think they are generally not made for daily use. when i was in the scouts i had an inflatable mattress i dragged everywhere with me, heavy like sin. i was used mainly on weekends, sometimes only once or twice a month but it lasted decades. they don't make 'em like that anymore :(