Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aduanas Ayuda...Thumbs up or Down!

I just got word that order of bedding/towels is in Miami. Also got word that the forwarder wants $750 and 3 weeks minimum to get them here thru Aduanas. I COULD SCREAM. Wont help.

Is it worth or possible to bring them in suitcases? at 50lbs each limit for extra bags? Is this a recipe for anguish beyond belief and confiscated goods? along with fees?

Thumbs up or thumbs down please.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Try another forwarder!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you getting that you cannot find here in the dr? 750 bucks???? I'm pretty sure you can find a few bedding sets for that price, any photos??

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

miesposo brought 3 sets from his trip to america, in a suitcase. it was worth paying for an extra luggage. that and 20 shirts plus 13 pairs of trousers

seriously, man, how many times do we have to say: DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING OF THE VALUE ABOVE 200 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if you want to bring heavy and bulky stuff it is better to bring in a barrel or a box.

5. Likes mountainannie, Crytonb99, caribeman liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I bring towels and bedding back from the US all the time. I have been known to bring a pillow or two. I have never had a problem coming into the country with it. Agree with DV8 100% pay for the extra luggage, less headaches.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Montero Shipping - Luis Ramirez

Carrying it your self is easy

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribeman View Post
    I just got word that order of bedding/towels is in Miami. Also got word that the forwarder wants $750 and 3 weeks minimum to get them here thru Aduanas. I COULD SCREAM. Wont help.

Is it worth or possible to bring them in suitcases? at 50lbs each limit for extra bags? Is this a recipe for anguish beyond belief and confiscated goods? along with fees?

Thumbs up or thumbs down please.

Please provide, weight, volume, and size of shipment. A more educated answer may be provided with the knowledge.

Regards,

PJT

9. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't change shippers now. Maybe you can have them sent to a cousin in Miami? (My sister is moving there and would LOVE the housewarming gift, thank you SO much, you are SO generous!)...

The issue now is do you want them for an ADDITIONAL 750 bucks.. We assume that is bucks.. right? because who would be screaming over pesos.

I had a similar issue of my curtains. Very Very expensive very plain curtains.

Actually there are very good bedding and towels available here in capital.. 400 thread count, Egyptian cotton ,. all that.

Maybe you can have them return them to the store for a credit to your account?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

315lbs of sheets and towels in 6 boxes.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    You can't change shippers now. Maybe you can have them sent to a cousin in Miami? (My sister is moving there and would LOVE the housewarming gift, thank you SO much, you are SO generous!)...

The issue now is do you want them for an ADDITIONAL 750 bucks.. We assume that is bucks.. right? because who would be screaming over pesos.

I had a similar issue of my curtains. Very Very expensive very plain curtains.

Actually there are very good bedding and towels available here in capital.. 400 thread count, Egyptian cotton ,. all that.

Maybe you can have them return them to the store for a credit to your account?
    Yes. Dollars. They are hotel linens. 315 lbs of towels and sheets. 250TC, tone on tone sheets and hand, bath and face towels.
    I looked at La Sirena, Cuesta, Plaza Lama and the prices for good sheets were crazy considering the quantity I needed for business - 48+ sets....

I will explore other forwarders for future...thanks for all advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast