I realize I'm probably being played but here's my story anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DW20

First off let me say I'm not completely clueless, just want to know if there is any possibility. Let me explain exactly what I'm talking about. I had gone through a messy divorce and like many other men going through that experience decided to try one of the DR sex resorts...and yes you guessed it, met a girl that I thought was nice. Again I'm not completely ignorant, I know they are paid to be nice, but let me continue. I spent most of my time with this young lady...and yes their is a considerable age difference, I'm 51 and she's 31. She has a 7 year old son and lives in her mother's house. She recently graduated from Santiago University with a medical degree and is waiting on the government to assign her a hospital for her internship. I have seen her graduation pictures where she is holding up her degree with several other graduates and the university in the background, also family celebrations, so I know she is telling the truth in that regard, plus she has pictures of her with university staff and they are all wearing medical scrubs. I know she comes from a poor family and considering her line of work, is probably the main source of income. Her family does not know what her job really is and she has not told me how she explains her income to her family. She also has other sisters that are also doctors. Anyway, since I first met her, I have made 4 other trips down to see her, all have been in regular AI resorts and she only asked me for money on the second trip. The last two trips she didn't ask me for anything. She has stated several times that she hopes she starts her internship soon so she can leave the sex tourism business. Now I know many people are saying how can you consider yourself being with someone that was in that type of business, well if I couldn't I would consider myself a hypocrite. I mean I am willing to contribute to the very business that people would put her down for, but would not consider her good enough to be with me outside of it. Like I said, it just sounds hypocritical. I actually admire her for at least using the income to support her son and obtain an education to better her situation. We have started talking about a possible future together and she has mentioned that she would like me to relocate to the DR. Now as for myself, having gone through 2 previous marriages, both of them with college educated successful woman, and both of whom cheated on me, I don't consider any marriage guaranteed. I don't care if your lady to be is a ex-hooker, wall street executive, or the first lady, there are no guarantees. Now like I said, she has asked me to move to the DR, but unfortunately I'm probably still at least 5 to 10 years from retirement. Between the company I work for stripping my pension in favor for 401K's, of which both ex-wives did a real number on leaving me with little, and the ex-wives also trashing my credit, I'm definitely not what you would call well off, rich, or anything even remotely close. I do however, have a pretty good job, mid 90s, good benefit package, and have started to rebuild both my 401K and my credit. It will be quite a while before either my 401k or credit are back to 100% though. I also have the means for her to travel back and forth from the US to the DR as she wishes for free. She knows my financial situation and doesn't seem to mind, so I don't believe she is with me for my money since I don't really have a lot of it. I am considering asking this girl to marry me so I can bring her back to the states; although, I would like to retire to the DR eventually. What concerns me is I realize there is a pretty good probability that the girl will leave me once she gets to the US. I also realize their is some island fever going on here, hence the post to begin with. Now this is my question. Does anyone know of any successful relationships involving my situation. I mean do all the horror stories I have read about on this site mean that the same is automatically going to happen in my case or does she at least get the benefit of the doubt. Does she at least get some credit for going to college to try and better her situation. I would appreciate any feedback, no matter how sarcastic.

D

DW20

Sorry about that. First time posting on the site and not sure of the proper protocol. I'll remember if I post again.

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
They're running a sale on paragraphs - four for the price of one.

(I see Harleysrock already made the point)

Aug 6, 2006
Keep in mind that the US always changes people. The person you love in the DR will not be the same person after living a couple of years later in the US. Of course time changes people too. You may like her new American self. Or not.

I would say that every relationship is unique.

You are 51 and have plenty of time to find someone whose motives you do not question so much. It is always a bad idea to be rushed into anything.

D

DW20

Again, sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I'll remember next time. Hopefully I get some comments other than paragraphs.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Man what do you want to know . If you are lucky enough to be able to afford to move to the DR and hook up with a puta good for you .
Same old song and dance. 90k a year 401k not well of Bull S . Do what ever you want . Bla bla bla .

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If she has no STD's and can make a good sancocho, go for it if she agrees to give you 1/2 of her earnings from turning tricks.

D

DW20

The reason I say not well off is 90k isn't that much when your ex's leave you with 50k in debt. As far as the 401k, it's not much good if they also emptied that as well.

As far as what I want to know, has anyone heard of a relationship with one of these working girls that ended in anything other than a shipwreck?

D

DW20

If she's willing to take the time and effort to get a medical degree, I would hope she's serious about leaving that type of work..then again maybe I'm just being naive.

Aug 6, 2006
The reason I say not well off is 90k isn't that much when your ex's leave you with 50k in debt. As far as the 401k, it's not much good if they also emptied that as well.

As far as what I want to know, has anyone heard of a relationship with one of these working girls that ended in anything other than a shipwreck?
===========================================================================
I am sure it has happened. It hardly matters, you are just you and not someone else, she is she and not someone else, either. What a mother almost always thinks of first and foremost is her children and their welfare and future. I would say that it seems you should get your finances in order before you end up with three exes. You do not want to live in a joint tenancy state like CA, for sure, where every divorce splits the estate down the middle.

Love is one thing, passion is another. As a rule, passion is what guides us, and there is a certain unmanageable chemistry that switches passion off when we become too familiar with the object of said passion. My own experience is that marriage tends to be the death of passion, as it turns both participants into being seen as possessions rather than the object of passion. By passion I do not mean just sexual attraction but what the French call la joie de vivre that accompanies it.

D

DW20

Thanks Xavier for the advice. I am working on the finances, just trying to explain where I'm coming from. Thanks again.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
She is not a Doctor and she will never be a Doctor. She is a hooker that's is giving you a full fantasy experience. Enjoy it and play along. It sounds erotic. Maybe she will put on some rubber surgical gloves if you are into that, along with a white lab jacket.
Can I have her when your done ?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

WD-40, You need to internalize your obstacles in life right now. Outside complications will only derail your efforts to regroup and organize your life. Forget the Chica you met at the sex club. There will be many, many others. Forget about rearranging what's left of your life to accommodate her and her Kid and her Mama and her Chico and... Screw dat! Fix your life. Double down on repayments, plunk as much as you possibly can into that 401K and work on getting yourself back to platinum so that when you meet a real Woman who doesn't have to hold dicks for a living you can present yourself as a worthy candidate for her affection and trust.

In the process you will find a power that no one else could possibly give to you, realizing your value and the fact that you don't need any outside influences to affirm your value. Your passage through the obstacle course which you currently face will be proof enough and you'll never feel the need for affirmation. When your balance due is $0.00 and you've got plenty money in your accounts (it won't take long at $90K/yr. with 1 mouth to feed) you will be able to afford a better class of Ho with no back stories or scams who just wants to see you smile and get paid.

She is not a Doctor and she will never be a Doctor. She is a hooker that's is giving you a full fantasy experience. Enjoy it and play along. It sounds erotic. Maybe she will put on some rubber surgical gloves if you are into that, along with a white lab jacket.
Can I have her when your done ?

I agree with Paulest, unless I saw her working in the Hospital I wouldn't believe it! I would also have to see a pay check!!!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
First off let me say I'm not completely clueless, just want to know if there is any possibility. Let me explain exactly what I'm talking about. I had gone through a messy divorce and like many other men going through that experience decided to try one of the DR sex resorts...and yes you guessed it, met a girl that I thought was nice. Again I'm not completely ignorant, I know they are paid to be nice, but let me continue. I spent most of my time with this young lady...and yes their is a considerable age difference, I'm 51 and she's 31. She has a 7 year old son and lives in her mother's house. She recently graduated from Santiago University with a medical degree and is waiting on the government to assign her a hospital for her internship. I have seen her graduation pictures where she is holding up her degree with several other graduates and the university in the background, also family celebrations, so I know she is telling the truth in that regard, plus she has pictures of her with university staff and they are all wearing medical scrubs. I know she comes from a poor family and considering her line of work, is probably the main source of income. Her family does not know what her job really is and she has not told me how she explains her income to her family. She also has other sisters that are also doctors. Anyway, since I first met her, I have made 4 other trips down to see her, all have been in regular AI resorts and she only asked me for money on the second trip. The last two trips she didn't ask me for anything. She has stated several times that she hopes she starts her internship soon so she can leave the sex tourism business. Now I know many people are saying how can you consider yourself being with someone that was in that type of business, well if I couldn't I would consider myself a hypocrite. I mean I am willing to contribute to the very business that people would put her down for, but would not consider her good enough to be with me outside of it. Like I said, it just sounds hypocritical. I actually admire her for at least using the income to support her son and obtain an education to better her situation. We have started talking about a possible future together and she has mentioned that she would like me to relocate to the DR. Now as for myself, having gone through 2 previous marriages, both of them with college educated successful woman, and both of whom cheated on me, I don't consider any marriage guaranteed. I don't care if your lady to be is a ex-hooker, wall street executive, or the first lady, there are no guarantees. Now like I said, she has asked me to move to the DR, but unfortunately I'm probably still at least 5 to 10 years from retirement. Between the company I work for stripping my pension in favor for 401K's, of which both ex-wives did a real number on leaving me with little, and the ex-wives also trashing my credit, I'm definitely not what you would call well off, rich, or anything even remotely close. I do however, have a pretty good job, mid 90s, good benefit package, and have started to rebuild both my 401K and my credit. It will be quite a while before either my 401k or credit are back to 100% though. I also have the means for her to travel back and forth from the US to the DR as she wishes for free. She knows my financial situation and doesn't seem to mind, so I don't believe she is with me for my money since I don't really have a lot of it. I am considering asking this girl to marry me so I can bring her back to the states; although, I would like to retire to the DR eventually. What concerns me is I realize there is a pretty good probability that the girl will leave me once she gets to the US. I also realize their is some island fever going on here, hence the post to begin with. Now this is my question. Does anyone know of any successful relationships involving my situation. I mean do all the horror stories I have read about on this site mean that the same is automatically going to happen in my case or does she at least get the benefit of the doubt. Does she at least get some credit for going to college to try and better her situation. I would appreciate any feedback, no matter how sarcastic.

Hey stupid,

SPACING

I think I just went blind......

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Do you speak Spanish? Does she speak English? Other than the language of love, how do you communicate with each other?

How would she and her daughter handle life in a strange North American culture if you bring them here? Would she have any marketable skills other than her current vocation? If your finances won't permit you to bring her here soon, can you deal with her continuing indefinitely in her present line of work?

You may think I'm harping on this unnecessarily, but I promise that if you put more thought into better organizing your paragraphs the rest of your thinking will fall into line too.

Status
Not open for further replies.