seeking recent bank information

vida

Mar 18, 2010
Can anyone with recent experience tell me which bank in Santo Domingo allows a withdrawal of more than 4000 pesos with a foreign bank card? In the past BHD allowed withdrawals of more than 4000 pesos. Likewise Association Cibao also used to allow withdrawals of more than 4000 pesos with a foreign bank card but no more. Thanks.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
It depends,,,in sd??? Go to serina, they have about 6 atms there all over 4,000 limit...there is also scotia on nunez next to national, and forget national, all have limits...serina would be best and the damn fee has gone up now to 1.28 pesos never mind what your bank charges as well.. I pay about 6.75 usa in fees...it adds up!

THE MAX ALLOWED FOR ONE TRANSACTION IS 10,000 PESOS, CAN TAKE UP TO 25,000 PER DAY WITH MY BANK WHICH IS TD BANK...

vida

Mar 18, 2010
BHD allowed only 4000 pesos at Agora this morning. Three days ago it allowed 10000 with a foreign bank card.

By the way what is the full name of TD bank?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Toronto Dominion bank

Owner of TD Waterhouse.... largest on-line trader

Has a line of banks in the US but has not yet connected their Cdn/US entities.

For more than 4000/daily, if you still have a problem, just go one of those rows of multi ATM's and draw as much as you can from each one..... 4 and 4 and 4 until you max out your card's daily limit.

Progreso here allows me 20,000/day - 2x 10,000

My Cdn ScotiaCard allows me $1,000Cdn / day up to $3,000/week

I never use My US bank card here

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Actually you know what I had to use mine recently and popular would only let me take out 4000 and I just assumed it was bc I hadn't used my CDN BMO card in almost a year. Maybe it doesn't allow more than that anymore either?! Sorry not much help!

I usually use Popular as their charge is less than BHD, which is my bank here in the DR. I REGULARLY TAKE 10,000 OR 12,000 Pesos at a time using my RBC card, never had a issue.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I found that the answer is, it all depends where you are and what ATM you use. I got all kinds of answers here before I left but when I actually went to use the ATM outside BanReservas ( Dominicus ) the limit was only a max of 2000 pesos for one withdrawel with 5 buck charged to your account back home. I then went into the bank and withdrew US dollars from my TD visa credit card, also 5 dollar charge back home. To me it was just easier to go into the bank that way I have paper work and I signed for it. Having had that experience I would never again use ( in the area I was in) an ATM machine. ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I found that the answer is, it all depends where you are and what ATM you use. I got all kinds of answers here before I left but when I actually went to use the ATM outside BanReservas ( Dominicus ) the limit was only a max of 2000 pesos for one withdrawel with 5 buck charged to your account back home. I then went into the bank and withdrew US dollars from my TD visa credit card, also 5 dollar charge back home. To me it was just easier to go into the bank that way I have paper work and I signed for it. Having had that experience I would never again use ( in the area I was in) an ATM machine. ;)

120 pesos (3 dollars) at Banco Popular and RBC gives it back to me.