Seriously Considering Going to Santo Domingo By Myself.

Twalker

Apr 1, 2014
I'm a straight single black male thinking about going to Santo Domingo alone because my friend backed out on me for work obligations, which I understand.

He pumped my head up all year long about how much fun it is there, now I still want to go.

Hadn't bought my ticket yet, but thinking about getting it today and will be staying at the Hilton.

How friendly are the women?
Would you recommend I go alone?
How safe is it there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I'm a straight single black male thinking about going to Santo Domingo alone because my friend backed out on me for work obligations, which I understand.

He pumped my head up all year long about how much fun it is there, now I still want to go.

Hadn't bought my ticket yet, but thinking about getting it today and will be staying at the Hilton.

How friendly are the women?
Would you recommend I go alone?
How safe is it there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

The women are very shy and unassuming, and will love and adore you for the person you are......

Don't ever offer them money, as they will be highly insulted,

They will just love being in your presence, and hang on your every word,

Dominican women are extremely loyal, and honest, feel free to leave valuables..(Especially large amounts of cash) all around the room, in case you go out for food or drink, or you need to run an errand....

For a more detailed GFE (Girl friend experience)

PM either Skynet or Trainman33

Do...(Expect) the opposite of everything above, and you will be fine......

Aug 6, 2006
Rice & beans is known for his satirical wit.

The girls here are nice and more approachable than in the US.

You have no doubt seen "Deliver Us From Eva"?

Dominicanas may have their faults, but they are not like Eva: pretty much the opposite.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
R&B is funny! Go for it! It will be an adventure and you'll have a good time. I travel to SD alone all the time and have for many years. Just take your common sense with you and leave your fancy expensive jewelry at home. And DO NOT fall 'in love'.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
ive been with a girl friend of mine and we were just fine. did not get harrased at all, just walk away......
doesnt turn out like this for everyone but for us it was just fine, 2 girls in their late 20s and no prob what so ever... and we are cute :) but with strong caracter

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think you know the answer to this as you are still considering coming alone. Santo Domingo is difficult i you do not know where you are going, and it is not the kind of place you can take advise from anyone. If I was coming to the DR on the thoughts of what you have in your mind for your entertainment then Santo Domingo would be the lastt place I would go, knowing the Capital very well.
Going off the swing around of beautiful women and safety among other similar like minded tourists I would be heading to Bavaro, none All Inc. Used to be the last place to go to find company, but over the last couple of years has become very pleasant, and relaxed and without doubt safer than any of the other obvious destinations with stunning game young women.

Twalker

Apr 1, 2014
I'm feeling a little better about going now. I live in Houston and there are many places that you can't go and visit south of the border.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The women are very shy and unassuming, and will love and adore you for the person you are......

Don't ever offer them money, as they will be highly insulted,

They will just love being in your presence, and hang on your every word,

Dominican women are extremely loyal, and honest, feel free to leave valuables..(Especially large amounts of cash) all around the room, in case you go out for food or drink, or you need to run an errand....

For a more detailed GFE (Girl friend experience)

PM either Skynet or Trainman33
Or to Dark_Scorpion

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
Twalker what age range are you? You sound like a younger guy late 20s early 30s like me. :)
I go to the DR alone all the time 3 times a year. Let me know what you looking for. Send me a PM.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
IMHO Santo Domingo is a bit large and impersonal city to do alone....Also, it will be hard to tell the female sharks from the guppies if your Spanish skills are weak...... I would head to the North Coast (cabarete/ puerto plata) ....Fun place to party and relax and the brothers get much love there too.....Also, best to assume all females are sharks until proven otherwise ;)
The lions share of hustlers in the DR appear like the girl next door...and probably are.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
You should take a look at Cabarete/Sosua as your destination. Much better than visiting a huge city.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
IMHO Santo Domingo is a bit large and impersonal city to do alone....Also, it will be hard to tell the female sharks from the guppies if your Spanish skills are weak...... I would head to the North Coast (cabarete/ puerto plata) ....Fun place to party and relax and the brothers get much love there too.....Also, best to assume all females are sharks until proven otherwise ;)
The lions share of hustlers in the DR appear like the girl next door...and probably are.

The Dude is right. If your Spanish isn't great, and you're looking for anything remotely approaching a "beachy Caribbean" vacation, consider either booking your flight through Puerto Plata or taking the bus to Sosua (about 4.5 hours). You'll likely enjoy your time a bit more, as they really cater to single, male NA tourists there.

You'll certainly have no problems meeting women, lol!