IMPLANTS North Coast

sunlover23

Sep 13, 2005
Can anyone who'se had implants done in the Santiago or Pueto Plata area,recommend a good dental practice please?The price is not so important as the quality of the work.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Cool!! I too need to go there,just checking..thanks! :)

yes, and i also have first hand knowledge. Dental spa cibao is top shelf. I travel from santo domingo to santiago and know it is well worth the trip.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Well I know too. It is true that US work will cost a bundle but a US educated and trained Dentist will provide better services. The two local facilities have great equipment but it does not perform like it does in a US educated/trained dentist's hands.

I had a lot of work done in the US over the years and I had one simple procedure done here. The dental work I had done here was poor quality (but it was cheap) and when I get back to the US later this year I will have it fixed correctly.

It is like having auto work done here and in the US. What are you satisfied with? If you are satisfied with DR auto repair then the DR is the place for you to get dental work. True, you are stuck with DR auto services but you can easily take your dental work to the US.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Well I know too. It is true that US work will cost a bundle but a US educated and trained Dentist will provide better services. The two local facilities have great equipment but it does not perform like it does in a US educated/trained dentist's hands.

I had a lot of work done in the US over the years and I had one simple procedure done here. The dental work I had done here was poor quality (but it was cheap) and when I get back to the US later this year I will have it fixed correctly.

It is like having auto work done here and in the US. What are you satisfied with? If you are satisfied with DR auto repair then the DR is the place for you to get dental work. True, you are stuck with DR auto services but you can easily take your dental work to the US.

Totally disagree with you. My parents have been coming here for years to get dental work done, and my dad's first cousin is a dentist in Canada for over 30 yrs and was very impressed with the quality of work done here in the DR.

Remember: "The bitterness of poor quality is long remembered after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten."

Just because you went to a cheap dentist and the work wasn't great, doesn't mean that all dentists do a poor job......Ask Robert about what he had done, and his results were pretty good......

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

You do not know what you are talking about.. lol.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well I know too. It is true that US work will cost a bundle but a US educated and trained Dentist will provide better services. The two local facilities have great equipment but it does not perform like it does in a US educated/trained dentist's hands. .......
I am NOT talking about just any dentist in the DR. I am speaking about Dental Cibao Spa which would easily be ranked one of the best dental offices any day of the week in the USA. Dental Cibao Spa is in a league of it's own and I am quite sure there are several other dental offices in the DR which also provide superior work.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Clueless... No further comment required.

Next!

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I am talking about Dental Cibao.

(Don't underestimate me.)

Do you also believe that you get US level of medical care at HOMS? If so, you will love the dental care you get at Cibao.

Disclosure time: robert is Dental Cibao a customer of yours?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Do you also believe that you get US level of medical care at HOMS? If so, you will love the dental care you get at Cibao.

They became a client after they solved a problem I couldn't get fixed in New York, Miami and had been made worse by a 'reputable' dentist in London. Yes, I have been around :)

I was so impressed with how they treated me as patient and solved my particular issue, I wanted them as a client.

Have you ever been a patient at Dental Cibao Spa?

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
Fulvio Rodriguez in Sosua. HUGE work done by him and all good. My dentist in Canada commented on how good the work was and how much it must have cost.

Modern office, modern equipment, will NEVER get work don ein the US or Canada again

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Doctors in the DR, Colombia and a few other latin countries treat you like a person, as opposed to a number, like many in the USA, Europe etc.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Agreed! I have a Colombian Dentist here in the DR and she is absolutely fantastic! :)

Doctors in the DR, Colombia and a few other latin countries treat you like a person, as opposed to a number, like many in the USA, Europe etc.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

If one is seeking adequate treatment for basic dental and medical needs they certainly can be found here. Make no mistake, the best hospitals, surgeons and facilities are in the U.S. Are they expensive , arrogant and curt, yes. They are the major league and here is Collegiate.
Pathology,technology ,training and pharmaceuticals all the critical components of complex care cannot be found here.
If its acute or trauma , get treated here anything chronic or mildly complex get on a airplane.