Quality Running Shoes-Where to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
What stores in Santiago (preferred) or Santo Domingo sell quality men's and women's running shoes (like New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Brooks)? Don't want knock offs & realize we will pay more for the real thing. Any suggestions are most appreciated!

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
Better off having someone bring you a pair or order off Amazon.

Normally I would agree 100%, but I really need to try them on to make sure they fit right - and returning things is a PITA and ultimately could end up costing more than just buying here to start. There has to be someplace that sells athletic shoes on the island - especially in Santiago or Santo Domingo??

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
i asked a similiar question last month and got zero response on here. feel very lucky.
someone told me there was an athletic store somewhere in sosua near jolly rodger maybe someone knows about it on here.

torontiago

Dec 14, 2013
What stores in Santiago (preferred) or Santo Domingo sell quality men's and women's running shoes (like New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Brooks)? Don't want knock offs & realize we will pay more for the real thing. Any suggestions are most appreciated!

In Santiago, go to the Top floor in Colinas Mall, across from the movie theater...theres a big store there with tonnes of Original Nikes..theres another good store on the same level close to the food court..both have a very nice selection of good runners ( jordans, all nike etc..).

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
In santiago there is a good gym / sport's apprial stor in Bella traias mall on the first flor. I got a great pair of asics . Not cheep but good quality .
Ooooooooooooo the good old days bing in santiago and having $$$ in my pocket. :(

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Also try plaza internashional there is a huge Golds Gym on the top flor and a Adidas stor on the first flor.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
i asked a similiar question last month and got zero response on here. feel very lucky.
someone told me there was an athletic store somewhere in sosua near jolly rodger maybe someone knows about it on here.

There is a place in Puerto Plata - down the street (Camino Real) from the Caribe bus station - called Nenos. Went there today and they had tons of trainers - mostly hightops - but only one runner for women (hot pink) and a couple styles for men - I think both were Nike, which would be last choice for us. But maybe that will help you, S1mpleton?

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
There is a place in Puerto Plata - down the street (Camino Real) from the Caribe bus station - called Nenos. Went there today and they had tons of trainers - mostly hightops - but only one runner for women (hot pink) and a couple styles for men - I think both were Nike, which would be last choice for us. But maybe that will help you, S1mpleton?
sadly it is too late. my friend who needed them at the time had an emergency and had to travel back for a while. i am assuming he will return with new kix. i should be good with my boots till i leave.
no one has met me but if you see some guy with boots near the beach in Caberete, it is probably me. lol.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
sadly it is too late. my friend who needed them at the time had an emergency and had to travel back for a while. i am assuming he will return with new kix. i should be good with my boots till i leave.
no one has met me but if you see some guy with boots near the beach in Caberete, it is probably me. lol.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.