Phone number for Unit for Noise Pollution ????

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Anyone have the phone number for the
Unit for Noise Pollution (Unidad de Atencion a Casos de Contaminacion Sonica) ?????

Thank you.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Where are you located in DR?

They do respond, my mother-in-law used them successfully many times in Santo Domingo.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Pm Ken. He is heavily involved in the local citizens group to lower the music volume. Hope you are not in a hurry and like going to meetings. The efforts have been ongoing for quite a while and we are all waiting for some changes.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If I could get them out to my campo.... bliss......

Loud music, no patrons ( a couple on weekends ), PN visit daily for handouts.......
Maybe I should call the narco police or the money laundering unit.......:classic:

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Nice, a gringo moves into "thier" neighborhood and then calls to "po po" on them for doing what they have done since speakers were invented. Way to make yourself welcome. No wonder you left where you came from!!!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
1-800-R U KIDDING ME. Domincan cops responding to a noise complaint?? Here in the Bavaro area you have to pay for a moto to get them to come for a real crime. I would suggest some diesel fuel and a road flare on the speakers. Hey you might even get the fire dept to respond.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am in Santo Domingo - do you have their phone number?

Sorry I don't, I live 45 minutes from SD, and my mother-in-law passed away so.......

And to *boknows*, plenty of Dominicans complain about the loud music too, not just gringos.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Will it help?

Anyone have the phone number for the
Unit for Noise Pollution (Unidad de Atencion a Casos de Contaminacion Sonica) ?????

Try:

UNIDAD ANTIRUIDOS DE LA POLICIA NACIONAL 809-533-1411
EXT 5037

or

Departamento Anti-ruidos y Medio Ambiente
809-953-0188

Good luck....

donP

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Most of the Noise pollution is from the damn taxi drivers and truck drivers blasting their LOUD horns all day for NO reason. Where can i complain about that?

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Troll

Nice, a gringo moves into "thier" neighborhood and then calls to "po po" on them for doing what they have done since speakers were invented. Way to make yourself welcome. No wonder you left where you came from!!!

Been living hear for 14 years, 10 years in the same place but the noise level has changed over that time. Apartment shaking at 3 a.m because of music, 5 nights a week, maybe fine for a troll like "boknows" but not so good me as I work each day. I know that many of my Dominican neighbors would be very happy if the 3 a.m. noise was curtailed. I have also visited this site enough to know that there are plenty of trolls and that I should not take their ignorance personally. So boknow, have a nice day.:D

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Been living hear for 14 years, 10 years in the same place but the noise level has changed over that time. Apartment shaking at 3 a.m because of music, 5 nights a week, maybe fine for a troll like "boknows" but not so good me as I work each day. I know that many of my Dominican neighbors would be very happy if the 3 a.m. noise was curtailed. I have also visited this site enough to know that there are plenty of trolls and that I should not take their ignorance personally. So boknow, have a nice day.:D

actually, what he said is not exactly trolling. there are going to be people who are not going to be happy that you are a foreigner, came to their country, moved into their neighborhood, and called the police on them. Dominicans are very passive people, and might cut you some slack. don't try something like that in a place like St Croix, or Trinidad, for example.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
actually, what he said is not exactly trolling. there are going to be people who are not going to be happy that you are a foreigner, came to their country, moved into their neighborhood, and called the police on them. Dominicans are very passive people, and might cut you some slack. don't try something like that in a place like St Croix, or Trinidad, for example.

To a degree, I see your point. The quote, "No wonder you left where you came from" ... seems pretty troll-like to me. In my experience, I also know that if you let people shi* all over you, they will keep doing it. Sometimes people need to told - have a little push back. It more often than not, has positive results. Your response was constructive - not troll-like at all.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
They do not abide by the law.

there are going to be people who are not going to be happy that you are a foreigner, came to their country, moved into their neighborhood, and called the police on them. Dominicans are very passive people, and might cut you some slack.

Well, the mere fact that police units for controlling excessive noise do exists, suggests that the country tries to get more civilized. ;)

Even Dominicans have taken to denounce their rude and impertinent neighbours for noise pollution and there were even cases of killings because of a noise dispute.

I accept the love for noise of the local "culture", but there has to be some respect for fellow citizens.

donP

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
1-800-R U KIDDING ME. Domincan cops responding to a noise complaint?? Here in the Bavaro area you have to pay for a moto to get them to come for a real crime. I would suggest some diesel fuel and a road flare on the speakers. Hey you might even get the fire dept to respond.

Holy crap! You just made me realize that in the dozens of times that I've been to Santo Domingo I've never seen a fire engine there...other than on the Malecon during the Independence Day parade.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Fuel Suckers

.... I've been to Santo Domingo I've never seen a fire engine there...other than on the Malecon during the Independence Day parade.

This is when they get a few gallons of fuel... :classic:
.... and until the parade starts some military make sure that it is not syphoned off... :pirate:

donP

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
It is a huge problem everywhere including the campos. It is not enforced evenly.
Probably if you can get a meeting with the Departamento Anti-ruidos y Medio Ambienteand give a good bribe the music will be tamed down . There are law governing the volume and hours.

It isn't just a gringo thing as dominicans are bothered sometimes as well