Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Semana Santa - Open or Closed?

With all the years I have been coming to the DR this will be my first time being in rep dom for Semana Santa.

What will remain open and what closes? If I remember correctly there is a restriction of the sale of booze on Good Friday. Are there extended bar hours or do they remain the same. What about stores, do they all close on Good Friday?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it depends where you will be. semana santa is the biggest money making opportunity so in the tourists areas nearly everything will be opened as always. in the cities or in the campo things may look a bit different but generally it's a happy spending time so colmados and bars will be open but quiet (there is a restriction of loud music of friday/saturday).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we having our annual guess at the total death count? We need a prize for the winner with the exact number. In case of a tie the person with the earliest date of the guess will win. Now all we need is for someone to donate the grand prize. Ken perhaps or one of the other rich gringos that hang out here. Maybe a motorcycle from CB, the possibilities are endless. I have my guess in hand.

4. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reminder, I'll start the thread soon.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Until then I'll go with 18 dead!
    Less money in the DR economy means fewer dead!

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post