Semana Santa - Open or Closed?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
With all the years I have been coming to the DR this will be my first time being in rep dom for Semana Santa.

What will remain open and what closes? If I remember correctly there is a restriction of the sale of booze on Good Friday. Are there extended bar hours or do they remain the same. What about stores, do they all close on Good Friday?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it depends where you will be. semana santa is the biggest money making opportunity so in the tourists areas nearly everything will be opened as always. in the cities or in the campo things may look a bit different but generally it's a happy spending time so colmados and bars will be open but quiet (there is a restriction of loud music of friday/saturday).

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Are we having our annual guess at the total death count? We need a prize for the winner with the exact number. In case of a tie the person with the earliest date of the guess will win. Now all we need is for someone to donate the grand prize. Ken perhaps or one of the other rich gringos that hang out here. Maybe a motorcycle from CB, the possibilities are endless. I have my guess in hand.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks for the reminder, I'll start the thread soon.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Until then I'll go with 18 dead!
Less money in the DR economy means fewer dead!