Dance Marathon In Sosua April 12

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Saturday afternoon, April 12 the Emily Watson School of Dance organizes for the second time, a dance Marathon in the Parque El Mirador. Everyone is welcome, so come all, young and old, and join. It only costs 200 pesos. The marathon will start at 3:30 PM. It's a Dance + Exercise = Dancercise Marathon, 120 minutes non-stop moving. Professional dance teachers will go for it, just follow their moves and you can participate in the contest Dancercise Champion 2014. A refreshing drink will be offered. The entire happening is made possible by Casa Marina Beach & Reef. See you next week in El Mirador park, at the end of Calle sin Salida.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
what sort of a dance costume will you be wearing Ken.

I don't pretend to be a dancer, so I won't be there.

I expect the Sosua News to report that you were the last person dancing at the end of the 2 hours.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
These are just the kind of afternoons that we love! Family event promoting health and fitness for all ages!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
zoomzx 11 will do DR1 proud if he represents us in the competition. If he accepts the challenge, I know that many of us will want to be there to cheer him on.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I wish I was in the DR so I could win the championship for DR1 and all its good people but at the moment I am trapped in Houston, Texas of all places. Will be down soon but sadly not in time for the competition.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
dance

Betcha I could win it too. Even my Dominican wife says, "I am a hell of a dancer".

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From Today's Sosua News

'Emily Watson School of Dance' held on Saturday afternoon, April 12 for the second time a dance marathon in the Parque El Mirador. At the park a stage was built and the street outside was used as a dance place. By four o'clock the dance marathon started. At the festival dozens of participants took part! The youngest was three years old and the oldest way over seventy. Emily and Carlos went on stage, assisted by a group of dancers, and showed the audience how to dance. Each dancer received a bottle of energy drink and it was necessary because it was very hot. Emily and Carlos demonstrated the reggaeton, salsa, bachata, merengue, hip hop and some other dance styles and dancers in the street just had to copy and follow. After two hours of non -stop dancing, with only a few drop-outs to regret, the marathon ended with loud cheers.

Then they had to wait for the jury results. The expert jury looked at the continuity, energy and the performance of the dance moves. At the end three certificates were handed out, one in each age group: child, teen and adult. The three winners also received a coupon for free Dancercise classes at the 'Emily Watson School of Dance'. It was a fantastic afternoon and Emily and Carlos of 'Emily Watson School of Dance' promised the enthusiastic audience that they will do it again next year. Next year there will be another Dancercise Marathon in Sos?a.

Finally, the management of Casa Marina Beach / Reef and the municipality of Sos?a should be thanked for their support.

PS: Photos here:

Sos?a-News