Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Customs Charges on Products Costing More Than US$200

I was considering ordering a camera I'm interested in now rather than wait until I go to the US in late May, but after picking up copy of the customs charges at the Sosua EPS office and finding that the total charge would be 58%, I changed my mind.

The total charge on items costing more than US200 (including the postage/shipping charge) is composed of 3 charges: duty, luxury tax, and the 18% ITBIS.

In the case of digital cameras, these charges are 20%, 20%, 18%, for a total of 58%.

The total charge is the same as the digital camera for: home theater, DVD player, car radio with CD, IPOD, MP3/MP4, video recorder, microwave, and .electric oven.

For an electric hot water heater, the total charge is 90%, and for a rug and costume jewelry, 77%. They are the highest charges.

If you are thinking of improving the security of your property, security cameras are charged at total of 38% while a security system is charged 58%Customs Charges.jpg

2. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got 4 security cameras from Amazon, shipped in by "EPS" total value less than $200, no charges.
    I say you wait Ken!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Stock up on small electronics next time you come back from the states.

OR

Buy and have it shipped to a friend coming down. Have them take it out of the boxes.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Won't you have more fun going in to the store, playing w/ all the cameras and choosing it while it's in your hand?

Wait 'til May.....

Bring it back around your neck through customs while wearing a Hawaiian shirt, straw fedora and socks with sandals, chewing on the stub of an unlit cigar..... be sure to talk loudly, slap fellow travelers on the back and ask "where can a guy can get a beer around here ?? "

6. Likes Sosua Sonny, N/A, Me_again liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken, ALWAYS does THAT anyway!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

8. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect he does,
    but he's smart to tell everybody that is name is CCCCCologne and carries a baseball glove signed by the Red Sox

10. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I expect he does,
    but he's smart to tell everybody that is name is CCCCCologne and carries a baseball glove signed by the Red Sox
    You promised you wouldn't tell.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it was like CCCCCCologne's chewing tobacco...... I just had to spit it out !!!

13. Likes Ken liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    I just got 4 security cameras from Amazon, shipped in by "EPS" total value less than $200, no charges.
    I say you wait Ken!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Maybe I am a Pendejo but I have ordered items through eps totalling less than 200 dollars but still been charged by them because of weight? One item was 3 pounds and they charged me 12 bucks. Hmmmm..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

those services don't favor weight.

I learned the hard way -- shipped a weedwhacker..... around 3,000pesos for a $140 trimmer..... nuts !!

Learn to spell 'Mudanza' for large or heavy items.......... and for you C-Tango... learn Peralta Bros

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast