Searching for travel companion to Toronto for 2 Dominican Dogs

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
TRAVEL (DOG) COMPANION NEEDED:
Can you help get Teddy and April to their forever home? Both these dogs are DCDR rescues and we need to get them from Puerta Plata (POP) airport to Toronto (YYZ) airport. WESTJET is the best airline, friendly staff who are amazing with the animals, affordable, and I can get 2 dogs in one crate. They will travel together. Any date after April 16th as April will need recovery time from being spayed. Cargo heat restriction starts May 1st so hoping to get them out soon.
Can you help? Our volunteers will have everything organized for you and meet you at the airport.
Please contact me directly and thank you in advance. Please leave note or pm me if you are able to help or know some who is flying back to Toronto before the end of April. Thank you so much

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Jail

??? not sure what you mean

I think what he/she means is that carrying something for someone you don't know really well could be a bad idea. The items (dogs or cage) might contain illegal drugs or other contraband and the person in posession of (travelling with) the items might end up spending up to 20 years in jail ... either here in the DR or in the transit or destination country.

I am very much into helping others but, unless I knew the person really well, and trusted them 100 percent, I would never carry something for that person on an international flight! It is simply too dangerous.

Last edited:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
TRAVEL (DOG) COMPANION NEEDED:
Can you help get Teddy and April to their forever home? Both these dogs are DCDR rescues and we need to get them from Puerta Plata (POP) airport to Toronto (YYZ) airport. WESTJET is the best airline, friendly staff who are amazing with the animals, affordable, and I can get 2 dogs in one crate. They will travel together. Any date after April 16th as April will need recovery time from being spayed. Cargo heat restriction starts May 1st so hoping to get them out soon.
Can you help? Our volunteers will have everything organized for you and meet you at the airport.
Please contact me directly and thank you in advance. Please leave note or pm me if you are able to help or know some who is flying back to Toronto before the end of April. Thank you so much

What happens when the dogs arrive at yyz?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
FishMan..... that is genius..... ya need tothink like a crook to catch a crook

I never would ahve picked up on that little fact but it could raise a flag. Maybe not, but still, maybe

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Thank you all for reading and replying to this post. We have found a travel companion for these two dogs which will allow them to get to loving families desperately waiting for them in Canada.

To answer a few of your concerns we at Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic (DCDR) arrange everything wrt to the travel of these animals and the owners are waiting at the arrival gate at YYZ to welcome their new pet. I also understand the drug concerns and that is why DCDR tries to spay any dogs going overseas well before their flight so that there is no concerns at customs over recent scars or a recent operation.

Thank you all again for taking the time to read this post.