More On Efforts To Promote Sosua Internationally

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Last weekend Mayor Ilana Neumann of Sos?a, the Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garc?a and Director of Tourism Lorenzo Sancassani provided hospitality to the Directors of Tourism of Germany (Ms Petra Cruz), the USA and Canada. They did a tour through Sos?a and visited the Casa de Arte, the beach and the park Mirador. The mayor provided information about the cultural activities of Sos?a including the many exhibitions, musical performances including the Jazz Festival and the gastronomic festival. She also explained about the history of the Jewish community in Sos?a. According to Ilana, Sos?a is more than just sun and beach.

We also want to give Sos?a a future as ecological and cultural center where much attention is devoted to nature, art and culture

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Cuba Dave has done more to effectively promote Sosua than the mayor and some politicans will accomplish with some blarney about art, culture and nature. Thanks, Dave.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Politicians and Culture

Politicians only think in terms of the next election, or the next taxpayer funded tour of places that they want to visit. Six hundred Jews came to Sosua in 1940-45. The Jews left Sosua in the 1950s. End of story.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Not just sun and beach....it's also a great place to sit around in crappy bars and drink. lol

Mar 1, 2009
Politicians only think in terms of the next election, or the next taxpayer funded tour of places that they want to visit. Six hundred Jews came to Sosua in 1940-45. The Jews left Sosua in the 1950s. End of story.

Empress Gabriela has spoken, case closed. Urf with their heads.

Long live the Jewminicans, OY!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Cuba Dave is an asshat - nothing like stating the obvious.

And Lando - Jewminicans that is some funny shyte

Proof is in the pudding. Every place in Sosua that CubaDave has promoted including restaurants, bars and hotels have seen a bigger share of tourists revenue comparing to places that he doesn't mention. Good examples are Sinatra's, Plan B, Casa Cayenna, Hotel Europa & El Velero on the beach. There are countless other spots as well.

El Velero was doing so much business because of the promotions by CubaDave that the other vendors were getting jealous. The other vendors complained and had the beach association make them close for 3 days!!! The reason was "They are taking all the Business!!!!"

Like it or not CubaDave is the unofficial Ambassador of Sosua and he has set the bar so high as far as promotions that the government can never achieve.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ambassador of Sosuas. Betcha old Cuba Dave would like the title. Its easy to show ones ignorance by a simple minded name calling. The fact is that he promoted some specific businesses in Sosua in an effective fashion. I do not see the efforts of the mayor or other politicians doing squat by comparison.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
that's because Cuba Dave got thrown out of Costa Rica. threatened if he returned. he has recently returned after 4 years. so he's now leeching in Sosua in the meantime.
as they say, i can't know his hustle. he KNOWS the chica/tica/nica game........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
We also want to give Sos?a a future as ecological and cultural center where much attention is devoted to nature, art and culture

wtf? this is just passing into absurd territory. sosua is a small sleepy caribbean town, a typical holiday destination. there is no need to try to sell it as anything else. putas aside, this is just a normal resort: beach, sun and weaves. i wish they would finally stop with this art and culture bullcrap. someone who wants art and culture can travel to europe. plenty of museums and galleries there. sosua is not and will never be anything more than sunny holiday spot.

wtf? this is just passing into absurd territory. sosua is a small sleepy caribbean town, a typical holiday destination. there is no need to try to sell it as anything else. putas aside, this is just a normal resort: beach, sun and weaves. i wish they would finally stop with this art and culture bullcrap. someone who wants art and culture can travel to europe. plenty of museums and galleries there. sosua is not and will never be anything more than sunny holiday spot.

Wurd.

And to Cuba Dave's PR guy - I'm sorry you were offended by me calling him a clown and for him stating the obvious to the unwashed.

The DR is a great place - all the best to the natives. Vaya con Dios

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Ambassador of Sosuas. Betcha old Cuba Dave would like the title. Its easy to show ones ignorance by a simple minded name calling. The fact is that he promoted some specific businesses in Sosua in an effective fashion. I do not see the efforts of the mayor or other politicians doing squat by comparison.

Oh good lord. He didn't create that traffic, he just frequented them after the fact. And now he's gone.

May 17, 2011
Sosua

I am taking a break from Sosua for a while as well.

Does anyone know when the next election is?

I may come back if things change after the election

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Nor should it be any of those other things. You mention what it is and they have yet to get that right. Instead of working with Sosua's strengths, they fight it and try and make it something it was never meant to be....or should ever be. They work so hard to erode what it is.