Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now this I call reckless!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Now this I call reckless!

Omaha Family of 7 Sells Everything

Wow!

May God really be with them!

They cut their safety net 100% back home to head down to the DR in full.

You don't do that!

2. Likes frank12, donP liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Mind Control

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlike the folks who originally showed up on the island bringing Christianity to the natives, these folks dont speak Spanish and dont appear to have crossbows or arquebuses.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Bear Bear will protect them...

... oh, Wait! ..... I think they sold "Bear Bear".

"There's a bear in our son's room," said Teri. "He said, 'You need to take the tag off of Bear Bear's ear.' I said, 'Why?' He said, 'I can't sleep with Bear Bear like that. And Bear Bear's not for sale.' Oh buddy."
    Crazies of a flock stick together!

The Perrotto's said the support from their church family at Christ Community Church has been tremendous.

6. Likes PanfilodeVaca liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This doesn´t really surprise me. These people usually have some sort of support system.

I used to translate letters and interactions for a pastor from this church, that I had never heard of before, and I was really impressed about all the stuff he used to be able to get: from cash to vehicles to trips! They actually got a lot of support from the same church in other countries, especially the U.S.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sound like they are heading for Jarabacoa or some place similar. God will provide, along with a bunch of suckers from their church.

9. Likes donP, drstock, Africaida, frank12, corsair74 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news!!!! We need more churches!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on the peak of Pico Duarte I met a Bulgarian family last week that had moved to Canada 11 years ago and one year ago decided to sell everything they had, buy a sailing boat and sail around the world (parents and two children). Probably many here would applaud their courage and free mind. However, since this family are Christians that followed the desire in their heart to proclaim their faith, it's reckless and crazy...

12. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what you call blind faith. Where they are from sadly tells it all. This is bible belt country. Save yourself not others. Sounds like a good tax scam.

LTSTeve

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    This is what you call blind faith. Where they are from sadly tells it all. This is bible belt country. Save yourself not others. Sounds like a good tax scam.

LTSTeve

I don't think Omaha is considered "Bible Belt Country" by most Americans. Usually the Bible Belt extends from The NM-TX border East to the coast, with a few exceptions. This is Bible Belt behavior, though. I suppose that they aren't harming anyone but themselves. I wonder why they didn't pick some country where most people speak English: Guyana, Belize, Jamaica, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, etc. It is hard to preach to people in a language they so not understand. It is hard to understand them as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast