Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default traveling in comfort and style: caribe tours edition

so today i went to santiago to see my doctor. it was good news so well worth the trip but it makes you question your sanity (and the quality of medical services in POP) when you take half a day to spend 10 minutes with your doctor...

anyways, i needed to go back to POP and metro was two hours wait so i took caribe tour bus. i got in, sat down and immediately remembered all the talk about bus accidents lately so i decided to buckle up. to the right of my seat was something that decidedly looked like a buckle so i dug to the left for the belt itself. unfortunately, my enthusiasm has stirred up the tenant burrowed deep in my seat. a roach emerged from between the cushions, winkled at me and scurried away in a lookout for a better place to nap.

i gotta say that it considerably dampened my enthusiasm towards travel safety. you guys remember now to clench your buttock when you travel in a caribe bus or else an intruder may run up your ass to snuggle with your sphincter.

i was never a fan of caribe and reckoned this incident really took the cake until i realized there was a lingering stench of old spice cologne over the front row of seats. i hate that smell. i thought nothing could top that until a charming old gentleman next to me proved me wrong by releasing a sudden cloud of poisonous rectal fumes that confirmed, once and for all, that the key to longevity was a diet consisting solely of lima beans and cabbage.

now i remember why is it that i prefer to drive here...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cockroaches and fart bombs... You got me anxiously waiting for part 2 of this saga!

3. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    so today i went to santiago to see my doctor. it was good news so well worth the trip but it makes you question your sanity (and the quality of medical services in POP) when you take half a day to spend 10 minutes with your doctor...

anyways, i needed to go back to POP and metro was two hours wait so i took caribe tour bus. i got in, sat down and immediately remembered all the talk about bus accidents lately so i decided to buckle up. to the right of my seat was something that decidedly looked like a buckle so i dug to the left for the belt itself. unfortunately, my enthusiasm has stirred up the tenant burrowed deep in my seat. a roach emerged from between the cushions, winkled at me and scurried away in a lookout for a better place to nap.

i gotta say that it considerably dampened my enthusiasm towards travel safety. you guys remember now to clench your buttock when you travel in a caribe bus or else an intruder may run up your ass to snuggle with your sphincter.

i was never a fan of caribe and reckoned this incident really took the cake until i realized there was a lingering stench of old spice cologne over the front row of seats. i hate that smell. i thought nothing could top that until a charming old gentleman next to me proved me wrong by releasing a sudden cloud of poisonous rectal fumes that confirmed, once and for all, that the key to longevity was a diet consisting solely of lima beans and cabbage.

now i remember why is it that i prefer to drive here...
    Don't be so quick to blame the old guy.
    You said the cockroach winked at you. Maybe he is the one that farted.

5. Likes nigrarosa liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh.... I thought Argentinean bus company bought Caribe Tours and imported their standard of service ... my bad

7. Likes ctrob, Criss Colon liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Off topic I know... but I'm glad to hear you heard good news at the doctor's office dv8!!

Administrator
    DR1.com

9. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i need to say one good thing about that caribe ride: the AC was broken. so my nipples did not freeze to death like when i travel in a metro. and the radio was broken as well, so instead of bachata we had a haitian lady praise the jesus lord for a good half an hour before she run out of hallelujahs.

only in DR a simple act of using public transport becomes a saga of sights, smells and sounds that can rival odyssey... sing in me, muse, and through me tell the story.

AE, i am also glad i am diseases free (relatively). but next time i will know better not to see a quack in POP for a consult.

11. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I think I would prefer LOUD Bachata over some jesus praising! That is a really tough call though!

Glad you are ok too and don't need an operation!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribetours is at least a notch or two better than Greyhound in the US. I have never been fed a lunch or served a drink, but I do not recall any bachata or preaching, either. I have taken Caribetours three times from Barahona to SD, and found the trip more comfortable and puntual than on other big buses and smaller guaguas. The showed a couple of unmemorable films. All in all, it cost about the same as the competition.

Argentina has the best bus transportation I have ever experienced. True, it was more expensive.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

On the upside, more good medical news, your sense of smell and nipples are working.

Metro has always been the less "chopo" option.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i only took caribe once before and the driver promptly rear ended a truck so you'd think i learnt the lesson. next time i will drive. there are no roaches in my car. and my own farts smell like roses.

16. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast