paralyzed by the choices

M

mrjax

I need help planning my vacation. I did go to a travel agent, who told me that I was being difficult. While I feel bad about that, I am just unable to figure this whole DR thing out and hope someone here can help.
My wife and I like quiet vacations and this year want a strictly all inclusive resort vacation. We have been all over the Caribbean and Mexico, but this year we are looking for resort only and decided on DR. After reading this site, I am reasonably certain that we would like to one day go and visit the cities and see the sights, but for quite boring reasons, we are only looking for a resort vacation this year.

I am unsure if they have what we are looking for, but we are looking for a quiet all inclusive vacation. On our honeymoon a few years ago, we visited Aruba in September and had no waits at restaurants, beaches with less than 10 people and when we visited some of the tourist attractions, we didn't see anyone for an hour at a time. Of course going to a resort will not afford us the same isolation, but is there anything close in the DR? I saw some pictures of over crowded beaches and stories of reserved lounges. We are avoiding cruises for that very same reason.

We are open on the time of the year, want all inclusive, less people and would prefer adults only. Any ideas, or is this something that is just not available?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You posted this in the East Coast section. Does that mean you prefer the East Coast, or are you open to anywhere in the country?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Adults only all- inclusives are available. Your best bet is to pick one in the Punta Cana area. You want something that is fairly new and offers a choice of restaurants and amenities. You can go on line and check the reviews. That is the best way to determine an honest evaluation. Where are you coming from? High season usually is from Christmas to Easter in the DR. If you book other times it will probably be less crowded. Just remember you also have hurricane season to think about. September, again might be a good choice.

LTSteve

M

mrjax

ken
We are open to anywhere. I figure East Coast was a good dropping off point.

LTSteve
Thanks for the tips. I use a variety of review sites, but often find them to be unreliable. The last several hotels had some interesting problems that were never mentioned in reviews. Maybe we are just unlucky.

Feb 7, 2007
I would suggest more boutique all inclusives if you do not want crowds. Such as Excellence Punta Cana, for example.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you should stay with the east coast thought, definitely. avoid national holidays, hotels get crowded and noisy.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I need help planning my vacation. I did go to a travel agent, who told me that I was being difficult. While I feel bad about that, I am just unable to figure this whole DR thing out and hope someone here can help.
My wife and I like quiet vacations and this year want a strictly all inclusive resort vacation. We have been all over the Caribbean and Mexico, but this year we are looking for resort only and decided on DR. After reading this site, I am reasonably certain that we would like to one day go and visit the cities and see the sights, but for quite boring reasons, we are only looking for a resort vacation this year.

I am unsure if they have what we are looking for, but we are looking for a quiet all inclusive vacation. On our honeymoon a few years ago, we visited Aruba in September and had no waits at restaurants, beaches with less than 10 people and when we visited some of the tourist attractions, we didn't see anyone for an hour at a time. Of course going to a resort will not afford us the same isolation, but is there anything close in the DR? I saw some pictures of over crowded beaches and stories of reserved lounges. We are avoiding cruises for that very same reason.

We are open on the time of the year, want all inclusive, less people and would prefer adults only. Any ideas, or is this something that is just not available?

Very simply, The Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Adults Only

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Not to be a smartass but why choose the DR if you want an AI resort? What difference does it make where you are in the Caribbean? Widen your search would be my advice.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Punta Cana, Bavaro Princess All Suites all inclusive....never had a bad meal there, if you have kids they have a kids club and you won't see them all day! They offer a platinum and VIP package which is well worth the upgrade, you are in an area separated from the general tourists with your own bar, events, beach beds and they make all the reservations for you. If you do not speak English ask for Concierge Desk and for either Juan or Margarita

There is also a plas called Los Gringos, right on the bay of the ocean past Gaspar Hernandez but not yer to RIo San Juan...more rustic has 5 casitias to rent,retaraunt on the premisis and they will bring meals especially fresh coffee and fruit in the morning right to your door. THe water is nice, the people are nice, the food is good, you can have them grill on an open fire for you. SMall so maybe only 25 people max at a time but relaxing!

Apr 13, 2011
It also depends on what you want to pay. The Hard Rock Punta Cana was very nice, but some would consider that expensive.
The Princess hotels, like Bavaro Princess, were much more affordable, but the rooms and meals were also much more basic.

Feb 7, 2007
If you want top of-the-line mass pace, Iberostar Grand, Riu Palace Bavaro, Hard Rock, Paradisus Palma Real, Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe or Bavaro Beach Adults. If you want something top-of-the-line but less massive, Sivory or Excellence.
Be prepared to pay US$200 pppn in all of the entioned places.

Then, you have 5 star medium category hotels, such as Paradisus Punta Cana, Majestic, Ocean Blue, Fiesta Palladium, Secrets, Now, Riu Palace Punta Cana, Catalonia, Bahia Principe, Melia, and then 4-stars such as Iberostar, Princess, Be Live, VIK, etc. All of these are mass hotels.