Archaeologists Find Little In POP Amphitheater Site Search

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Before the construction work in Puerto Plata on an amphitheater at the head of the Malec?n started, archaeologists were given the opportunity to search for 14 days for relics from a bygone era. The fort has been there since 1562, it was demolished in 1605 and then again in 1739 rebuilt in its current state. Led by architect James Duval, a team of archaeologists searched for interesting relics like weapons, clothing and utensils. Recently, the team came up with a report on the results. Unfortunately, the attributes that were found are of poor quality. They found: bricks, bones of cows, locks, hinges, large nails, broken dishes, empty bottles and other small items.

The attributes found will soon be exhibited at the Casa de Cultura (At the Town Hall square) in Puerto Plata.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dominicans do not throw away anything of value. They are not like rich gringos. They should have just asked me and I would have saved them all that digging.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I found the same things last week, when digging a new garden.

plus, an vintage Kentucky Fried Chicken carton.....before the Colonel had a moustache