czech woman shot in sosua in attempted robbery sad saga may continue

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I am calling on anyone with information I am not looking for extraneous discussions, just information if you have any. This couple was always at the beach in Sosua with their small black dog (has a brown collar). I have seen him with the dog the last couple of months and they were always together. I am sorry I do not know the gentleman's name.

Yesterday he and the dog were swimming in their normal area (near Casita 147). Later in the morning I noticed the dog sitting on the beach by himself looking out at the ocean. Hours later he was still in the same area starring at the ocean. No one remembered seeing the gentleman after the 10am or so. When I left the beach the dog was still there and when Luis (beach guy at 147) left in the evening the dog was still there. This morning he was gone and no one can remember seeing the gentleman again. I was told he was quite depressed the last few weeks. We had friends go looking in the area around the Jewish cemetery but could not find him or the dog. Did he go for a "final swim" I do not know. I did not have a good feeling about this yesterday and did report it to the police who said they would check it out and I am not sure if they did anything or not.

So the question is; has anyone seen either the gentleman or his dog. I hope this tragic story has not taken an even more tragic twist

If you have seen them please PM me.

Thanks

Bob K

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am a bit confused - was the Czech woman who was shot his wife?

The dog staring into the sea does sound ominous, hopefully someone knows the man's name and/or where he lives, so you can follow up.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I tried to find the thread about the wife's death, but couldn't - maybe it has information in it as to her name, and that of her husband, and maybe where they lived????

Maybe someone else will have more luck finding it.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I tried to find the thread about the wife's death, but couldn't - maybe it has information in it as to her name, and that of her husband, and maybe where they lived????

Maybe someone else will have more luck finding it.

They lived near the Jewish cemetery in Sosua. You take the street that passes the side of the police station and go up the hill. Bob said in his post that people went up there looking for him.

I agree with Bob that it doesn't sound good.

http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/141226-czech-woman-shot-sosua-attempted-robbery.html

AE, I found it by just doing a search for "czech woman"

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If he was a good person then I doubt he would abandon his dog on the beach, if he had depressive intentions then surely he would have made sure his dog was with someone caring.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
If he was a good person then I doubt he would abandon his dog on the beach, if he had depressive intentions then surely he would have made sure his dog was with someone caring.

Good observation Inspector Clouseau...

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
No, we will not make this thread about you.............................................. pick your moments and show a tinch of class please!

ME!!

Go RE-read your original post IDIOT!!!!

Commenting on SH-T you know nothing about!!

Advice,

Look in mirror, and say "It's true, I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD"

But I act like I do...

Hope they find him, and everything is ok....

I'm done, CARRY ON!!!!

Aug 21, 2007
I can't stop thinking about his. It is breaking my heart. I hope and pray there is an answer soon.

Lindsey

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Best of luck Bob, such a horrible story to begin with and now this. The dog may have finally gone into the water to look for him! I pray for a happy ending but I too fear the worst. God speed and prayers.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Found someone tonight (cook in one of the restaurants) who knows where he lives and he will check on the house in the morning.

Bob K

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
As I said I did not really know the couple but I met them 2 times and talked a little bit.
They were all the time toghether. Lack of money and desperate to go back to their country. Which means they were (a bit) depressed before that horrible murder happen. So we can easiliy imagine how down the husband is now.
Now that I think more about it, I guess he should be helped by poeple who know him.
I just hope nothing fatal happened as the human seems to be a caring and nice person

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Hi Bob K. Tanya and I plan on looking for the dog today as we are very familiar with him....will let you know if we find or hear anything else...tom

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Tom,
Thank you. We had Donna and Jim out looking for him yesterday. Please let me know if you come up with anything. I will be heading to town later to talk to the cook I had contacted last night as well.
Thanks again.

Bob K

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I'm in Belgium right now so I cant get there but their house is a bit further the jewish cemetery.
Otherwise its for sale, for exemple, with century 21.
I wont put the link here for some eventual safety reasons but if necessary one can always go to the agency and ask how to find it and check directly at the house...