All illegals report to the nearest church

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The head of the corrupt police and interior ministry is threatening illegal foreigners to get "regularized"t get by June 1. From Dominican Today. Fadul said" the idea is to fulfill all procedures and work in coordination with the churches, neighborhood groups and social organizations, ?so that no one is abused.? All of the Russian Mafia, pedophiles and drug criminals the DR has welcomed can stay. Illegals are directed to the nearest church and give themselves up. The part about" so that no one is abused" makes me suspicious.
What is this, a thinly disguised move against the Haitians living here?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Noooooooo, what on earth would make u think that??????

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What I also find interesting is that it states in the Plan de Regularizacion that you have up to 18 months to apply...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Regularize or leave, top official warns illegal foreigners

Santo Domingo.- Interior and Police minister Jos? Ram?n Fadul warned Thursday that foreigners residing illegally must leave the country if they fail to register for the Regularization Plan by June 1.

He said all undocumented foreigners must adhere to Dominican Republic?s immigration laws. "There are 18 immigration categories, so we?ll open the regularisation plan that will be more positive and transparent to gain the people?s confidence and go to the places to register in the plan and regularize their status."

Fadul said the idea is to fulfill all procedures and work in coordination with the churches, neighborhood groups and social organizations, ?so that no one is abused.?

"Those who fail to submit to the Regularisation Plan will be illegal and must return to their country, that?s elementary. I ask what country in the world allows the illegal to stay," he said.

He denied that international organizations and pro Haiti sectors press the Government. ?Nobody pressures President Medina, as he said in his speech during CELAC in Havana, neither big nor small, we?re a sovereign country."

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...r-leave-top-official-warns-illegal-foreigners

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
When there is a problem and the Dominican Government doesn't do anything there is an issue. When there is a problem and the Dominican Government does something there is an issue. :confused:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
When there is a problem and the Dominican Government doesn't do anything there is an issue. When there is a problem and the Dominican Government does something there is an issue. :confused:

Agreed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
What I also find interesting is that it states in the Plan de Regularizacion that you have up to 18 months to apply...

We will have to wait and see if the 18 months will now be included in the regularization plan.

This is what was said before all this continuous pressure the DR has been receiving from local and
abroad. According to the "previous" regularization plan it is suppose to START in June. But now
it's being said BY June. If this is the case, it looks like the DR gov't is fed up with it and will not
be extending the grace period of 18 months and wants to hurry up and get this mess cleared up.

But like I said we will wait and see, maybe it was a typo in translation and instead of BY June 1st meant ON June 1st.:ermm:

vida

Mar 18, 2010
Does regularization mean applying for residency? What are the 18 immigration categories?

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Does regularization mean applying for residency? What are the 18 immigration categories?

We do not know yet what the 18 categories are(the gov't will say soon). According to the categories
you will know which one will correspond to you and what you must do.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yeah except that how many dominicans/anas marry a foreigner and get legal papers for the country of the spouse......

I am married in the dr with a dominicana but it doesnt entitle me to any papers!!!!!!!!! U dont pay to become swiss if married with a swiss citizen, neither do u pay to become british if u marry a british national......
But I have to pay for dominican papers........ dominicans want the milk, the butter and the dairylady, as we say in french........

Such hypocrites!,,!!?.. I have been in contact with 3 dominican embassys ( in france, britain, switzerland ) and with the officina de l immigration in santiago and ALL and EACH time have told me not to bother about residencia, and I live here 6 months a year!!!!!!

So many families and of course the dr goverement count SO MUCH on $ and € sent from overseas, and that is the only thing that counts........

Dont get me wrong I love loving here and enjoy living in company of dominicans, but it is yet anlther example of the dominican republoc pretending to be a modern and developed country...... pathetic........

P.s. was in Dajabon the other week. Full and I mean full of undocumented haitians...... but also full of security/police/militrary....... seach for the error.

Driving back home there are loads of checkpoints. Minibuses and lorrys full of haitians are stopped. Money handed over. No paper check whatsoever. I witnessed it on 3 occasions, waiting behind at checkpoints...........

The dr goverment has their heads so deep up their corrupt a$$es that they have no idea what goes on outside of their gated communities......

P.P.S. I have been proposed by civil servants at l 'officina de l'immigration at the main desk, wit no shame at all, a "celula tujo" ( or something that soumds like that ). Basically a real/false cedula to show traffic cops/PN. The civilservants said not to worry they have no way of determinating "real false" cedulas!!!!!!!
Wonder if that is in the new gouverment bill proposal............

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This program could work out well for those like me with 20 years living here, married, a house, children, and ILLEGAL.
I just show up, give them my "Proof" and get my residency.
Sounds cheaper than a lawyer.
Time will tell.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It does mean residency of one form or another. It seems clear that all foreigners that are currently do not have a cedula will have to start the process to obtain one. You can take your chances and live here without one but it may come to gov "officials making stops to check your status. You could run the risk of being deported at some point down the road.

LTSteve

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Deported my ass , when you deport someone you have t put them on a plane and send them home , what are they going to do put you in jail until you pay your own way back ?

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Last year all the talk was that if you overstayed your visa, they would not let you ever come back. That never happened. Now they are talking about deportation.

I believe this is aimed at Haitians. Expats who are not into illegal activities are doing nothing but pumping money into the economy. I cannot believe they want them to leave.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Im in the same boat. I married a Dominicana and all I ever get is cheap prices on everything which is usually just wonderful

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Last year all the talk was that if you overstayed your visa, they would not let you ever come back. That never happened. Now they are talking about deportation.

I believe this is aimed at Haitians. Expats who are not into illegal activities are doing nothing but pumping money into the economy. I cannot believe they want them to leave.

I agree that is how it will work out, but they need to sound even handed.Lots outside the country are watching.