Rice crispies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I think I have been to all the major supermarkets in Santiago and can't find any boxes of Kellogs Rice Crispies. Wife saw them making rice crispy squares and I said how easy they are to make. I didn't realize the main ingredient would be so hard to find. Now the kids are pestering me to make some. The only ones I could find were the tiny boxes in the snack packs.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I don't recall seeing Kellogs but other brands offer crisped rice. Basically the same...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
well looks like another excellent excuse to go for a bike ride. I will check out those locations for my cereal.

May 29, 2006
I've made Rice Krispy Treats in the tropics. They don't set well in in the humidity and then they go stale in only an hour or so. You can make them with Fruit Loops and various other cereals as well. If you can find LIFE cereal, look up the recipe for Muddy Buddies..

I used to make them all the time in a summer camp for 100 kids. Spray your arms and all equipment with PAM first and have a helper to pour the Krispies into the bowl while you mix.

Maybe popcorn balls? Peanut Brittle is also very easy to make.

Make some cinnamon toast. Just that might blow their minds..

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I buy "generic" rice crispies all the time from Nacional & La Sirena...

Status
Not open for further replies.