Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 10,000 Euros for a Baby

Cabrera, María Trinidad Sánchez

An Italian couple was arrested when trying to leave the country with a baby (4 months) whom they allegedly bought for 10,000 Euros.

The mother of the child and four other Dominicans were also apprehended. They obviously are members of a criminal network selling children abroad.

El Caribe » Desmantela red vendía niños a extranjeros por 10 mil euros

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i see no problem. the adoption process is too damn hard. there are many people who would love to adopt but the paperwork takes too long. this way both sides are happy. birth parents get some support and adoptive parents get the baby they dreamed of.

3. Likes N/A, trucker, Harleysrock, zoomzx11, HUG liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Business

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i see no problem.
    Nor did the judge; the Italians were set free....

Dejan en libertad a pareja italiana saldría del país con un bebé por el que pagó 10 mil euros - listindiario.com

donP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Adoption - Dominican Style

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    ... just easing the process of adoption as such should be encouraged.
    This was not an adoption, at least not by civilised standards.
    It was a sale organized by greedy criminals.
    I wonder how much money the mother of the baby was given...

donP

6. Likes Sosua Sonny, Contango liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The second article states that the man had declared to be the father.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i see no problem. the adoption process is too damn hard. there are many people who would love to adopt but the paperwork takes too long. this way both sides are happy. birth parents get some support and adoptive parents get the baby they dreamed of.
    I empathize with your point of view but once you head down this path it is a slippery slope. The stringent and strict adoption rules in place is for the protection of the babies. It should takes more than any Joe Shmoe with 10 grand to just come to a second or third world country and scoop up a baby and with good reason.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    As in government workers know best?
    Not necessarily. But when it comes to adoption background checks should be done. A financial assessment should be done. A feasibility study of the child's future home environment should be done. If you do not see the validity, the necessity and the benefit of these checks and balances then you are too far gone.

Post Thanks / Like

The slippery slope that leads to baby factories, which has happened in some countries including Nigeria and Guatemala.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    The second article states that the man had declared to be the father.
    My understanding of the article is that was how they would get the baby out of the country. That the foreign man would put his name on the birth certificate. Then get custody. Then, presumably, he would get an Italian passport for the baby.

The DR does requires that couples be married for 5 years, be heterosexual.. no single parents.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua Sonny View Post
    Not necessarily. But when it comes to adoption background checks should be done. A financial assessment should be done. A feasibility study of the child's future home environment should be done. If you do not see the validity, the necessity and the benefit of these checks and balances then you are too far gone.
    no such checks are done for everyone else to become a parent. all you need a spoonful of man juice spritzed into a willing womb. there is no qualification exam, background check or a financial assessment for biological parents. and it's not like they do not abuse, rape or kill own children. i think all this talk is just bullcrap to justify giant, greedy bureaucratic machine of useless jobs performed by useless people.

13. Likes N/A, Harleysrock, rogerjac liked this post
    Dislikes Chicagoan disliked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast