10,000 Euros for a Baby

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i see no problem. the adoption process is too damn hard. there are many people who would love to adopt but the paperwork takes too long. this way both sides are happy. birth parents get some support and adoptive parents get the baby they dreamed of.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Adoption - Dominican Style

... just easing the process of adoption as such should be encouraged.

This was not an adoption, at least not by civilised standards.
It was a sale organized by greedy criminals.
I wonder how much money the mother of the baby was given...

donP

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
i see no problem. the adoption process is too damn hard. there are many people who would love to adopt but the paperwork takes too long. this way both sides are happy. birth parents get some support and adoptive parents get the baby they dreamed of.

I empathize with your point of view but once you head down this path it is a slippery slope. The stringent and strict adoption rules in place is for the protection of the babies. It should takes more than any Joe Shmoe with 10 grand to just come to a second or third world country and scoop up a baby and with good reason.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
As in government workers know best?

Not necessarily. But when it comes to adoption background checks should be done. A financial assessment should be done. A feasibility study of the child's future home environment should be done. If you do not see the validity, the necessity and the benefit of these checks and balances then you are too far gone.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The slippery slope that leads to baby factories, which has happened in some countries including Nigeria and Guatemala.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The second article states that the man had declared to be the father.

My understanding of the article is that was how they would get the baby out of the country. That the foreign man would put his name on the birth certificate. Then get custody. Then, presumably, he would get an Italian passport for the baby.

The DR does requires that couples be married for 5 years, be heterosexual.. no single parents.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Not necessarily. But when it comes to adoption background checks should be done. A financial assessment should be done. A feasibility study of the child's future home environment should be done. If you do not see the validity, the necessity and the benefit of these checks and balances then you are too far gone.

no such checks are done for everyone else to become a parent. all you need a spoonful of man juice spritzed into a willing womb. there is no qualification exam, background check or a financial assessment for biological parents. and it's not like they do not abuse, rape or kill own children. i think all this talk is just bullcrap to justify giant, greedy bureaucratic machine of useless jobs performed by useless people.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
True dv8...... But there should be.......:paranoid:

i know :( it is sad that the same government machine that makes it so difficult to adopt is the same machine that makes continuous child abuse possible by failing to take away a child from biological parents for the sake of keeping the family together. when i lived in the UK there were several instances of social services acting too slowly and reluctantly and as a result children died beaten to death or starved.

the adoption process is too much. wtf is going on there? police check is one simple piece of paper, there's your background check. bank balance is a simple document with ins and outs clearly marked. here, you application dealt with in 5 minutes flat. and with this you are already more qualified than many dumbasses who breed freely every day.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
no such checks are done for everyone else to become a parent. all you need a spoonful of man juice spritzed into a willing womb. there is no qualification exam, background check or a financial assessment for biological parents. and it's not like they do not abuse, rape or kill own children. i think all this talk is just bullcrap to justify giant, greedy bureaucratic machine of useless jobs performed by useless people.

Governments and Bureaucracies are far from perfect. But without checks and balances you are leaving a wide open playing field for child sex traffickers, child molesters and modern day slave traders. It is fool hardy to think that a better system is no system. The system is not perfect but having no system would be chaos and anarchy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yet anyone who has functioning sets of nuts and a womb can breed and play in the field of sex trafficking, child molestation and slave trade. this IS the chaos and anarchy you speak of.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
i know :( it is sad that the same government machine that makes it so difficult to adopt is the same machine that makes continuous child abuse possible by failing to take away a child from biological parents for the sake of keeping the family together. when i lived in the UK there were several instances of social services acting too slowly and reluctantly and as a result children died beaten to death or starved.

the adoption process is too much. wtf is going on there? police check is one simple piece of paper, there's your background check. bank balance is a simple document with ins and outs clearly marked. here, you application dealt with in 5 minutes flat. and with this you are already more qualified than many dumbasses who breed freely every day.

If you think that streamlining such a serious matter as adoption in to a 30 minute process is a good idea then I am truly speechless.

Apr 7, 2014
bring them back and hang them.

how come they couldnt get a baby in Europe? Plenty of 3rd world countries in Europe, Albania, Romania, Portugal, Lithuania. Sounds like a rationale for trans-atlantic slavery to me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If you think that streamlining such a serious matter as adoption in to a 30 minute process is a good idea then I am truly speechless.

it takes biological parents 30 seconds, doesn't it?

it should not take adoption agency months or even years to process something this simple. a week is already way too long to read a file, make few phone calls and asses each case. the process as it is today is absurd and abusive. if anne of green gables was to be written today it would need a 500 pages of the adoption paperwork index before the chapter one would even start.

Apr 7, 2014
Governments and Bureaucracies are far from perfect. But without checks and balances you are leaving a wide open playing field for child sex traffickers, child molesters and modern day slave traders. It is fool hardy to think that a better system is no system. The system is not perfect but having no system would be chaos and anarchy.

Yep! Just remember 4 years ago when all those Goodie Two Shoes showed up at the airport trying to abscond with Haitian children to give them a "better life" in Europe?

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
it takes biological parents 30 seconds, doesn't it?

it should not take adoption agency months or even years to process something this simple. a week is already way too long to read a file, make few phone calls and asses each case. the process as it is today is absurd and abusive. if anne of green gables was to be written today it would need a 500 pages of the adoption paperwork index before the chapter one would even start.

Some people are creatures of emotion. Other peoples are creatures of logic. Obviously you are very emotionally attached to this issue which is probably clouding your judgement. It is ludicrous to think that to adopt a baby it should take no more than a week. Beauty of life is everybody is allowed their own opinion. But I thank God that you are not in charge of any adoption process in any country.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Yep! Just remember 4 years ago when all those Goodie Two Shoes showed up at the airport trying to abscond with Haitian children to give them a "better life" in Europe?

Yeah I do. Bunch of religious zealots that probably wanted to start a new doomsday cult.

On another note... love that handle! Commander! :bunny: