TONIGHT at 8.30pm HGTV (SUNDAY)

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Tonight in an hour..... HGTV

Caribbean Life

Husband and Wife Leave the Snowy Mountains of West Virginia, for the Dominican Republic8:30 PM on HGTV, 30 min 2014 TV-G

A married couple leave their home in the hills of West Virginia in search of a more tropical lifestyle in the Dominican Republic.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Hmmm... Tomorrow it will be another 90 degree day of sweating in the heat in the tropical RD. Snowy mountains of west virginia occassionally sounds nice to me.

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
Here in NY. Saw the episode. Very interesting choice on their behalf. Overall nice show tho

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
Wouldn't it be so nice if it was just as simple as depicted on TV.....nice to dream.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Yes, the show last night was of a beautiful West Virginia couple looking at three different condo units in the Bavaro & Punta Cana area. Boring area! the three units ranged in price from $179,000 to $219,000.

They went with the smaller of the three condos--about 1000sq ft, with a small, but really cool rooftop terrace with a view of the surrounding neighbors undressing and having sex. I liked this one the most and their offer of $150,000 was negotiated up to $165,000--turn key & furnished.

Personally, i would have taken the money and invested it in a Dominican bank CD and used the 10% compounded interest to rent anywhere on the island i desired--maybe even jumping from town to town and region to region in order to experiment as much as possible and get the most bang-for-your-buck experience!

But that's just me.

Frank

May 29, 2006
I must have caught a different show. Great PR for the DR. They should be showing that and the other DR episodes on the plane ride over. Watching some year old movie is all fine and well, but they are missing out on using the planes to promote investing into the DR.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I like the program but feel sorry for the poor shmucks that buy and don't have a clue what they are getting into. It's strickly fantasy island.

LTSTeve

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I watched the one on the Cabarete/sousa houses. It is interesting how so many people start in Cabarete market but get led to Sosua. The out of control wife was wanted the 475k house, the sane husband wanted the 225k one and fortunately they came to their senses in the end and went with the 225k house. Makes me want to get in the beachfront house real estate market again...Not. Good luck when they get ready to sell in a year or two.