Permanent Residency Renewal

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Has anyone written a definitive guide to DIY residency renewal yet that is proven to work? I ask as my residency is now due for renewal and I want to do it without a lawyer if it's reasonably simple. I have had residency since 2005/6

I have heard that I will need:

1) Buena Conducta
2) Letter of Good Standing with my Bank
3) A Title to a property (maybe)
4) A certain amount of patience.....

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Property title or car title, I was told and supplied plus the bank letter which was good standing and gave an account history - the bank knows how/what to write

Then the blood & urine tests, x-rays...... sit and wait for a while after that

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Has anyone written a definitive guide to DIY residency renewal yet that is proven to work? I ask as my residency is now due for renewal and I want to do it without a lawyer if it's reasonably simple. I have had residency since 2005/6

1) Buena Conducta

I can't give any advice on the DIY, but a lawyer makes things a lot easier. Mine was great and didn't cost much at all. In any case, after you renew this time you should consider naturalization so you won't have to go through the now very tedious renewal process ever again.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
after 10 yrs it gets easier.....old Hugh here , will get a 4 yr renewal and then be in the 10 yr club.

His problems will be less after this -- allowing more time at the pub

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
after 10 yrs it gets easier.....old Hugh here , will get a 4 yr renewal and then be in the 10 yr club.

His problems will be less after this -- allowing more time at the pub
My pubs are leased out now, I only collect the rents!! That's why I can live here in peace and quiet (ish)

H

sabra

Jun 16, 2007

1) Buena Conducta

http://dr1.com/forums/living/133748...t-residency-cedula-thread-without-lawyer.html

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Hi hugh,

You will also need 18 months remaining on your UK passport ! So our lawyer told us!

Good luck

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Hi Hugh,
Its really like Hitch hikers Guide to the Galaxy ! Just remember to fold your towel in a Traingle - It will work !

Just Olly

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Today my neighbor told us, that the rules for renewal of the residency change in June 2014.

From June, nobody needs the medical exam, police report, bank etc.etc.

What is true? Did somebody hear or read this also? I have my residencia and cedula now.

I really need to clarify this as I am in the process of renewal. Thanks for any help.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was there this morning for the tarjeta issuance -- 3 hrs, includes 1 hr AFTER the photo taking!!waiting for the actual card
15 minutes of that was the entry into the ledger - longhand by the clerk before you sign for your card..... name, number, date
Ridiculous.......8:30 to 11:30, I was in the 1st batch

Anyway, done

I heard nothing of the medical cancellation - thats a new isn't it? Medicals just got introduced, I thought.

If you leave the country on an expired residency card, they confiscate it - it gets returned to Migracion and used when you renew.... no problem , so they told me (my wife's problem , not mine !)

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
I have not heard anything about the residency process changing in June. Did you ask your neighbor what their source of information was?

In the website of

Direccion General de Migracion

just now I couldn't find new rules because of renovation residencia permanente.

There is a lot of rumor, but nothing concrete.

This I found just now:

Dominikanische Republik: Illegale Ausl?nder m?ssen ab Juni das Land verlassen
translation:

Dominican Republic: Illegal aliens need to leave the country from June
April 12, 2014 08:09 Category: News
Interior Minister Ramon Fadul. Santo Domingo - The interior ministers of the Dominican Republic made on Thursday a clear message: who lives illegally in the country as a foreigner (unlawfully) and the regulatory plan of the Dominican Republic does not submit, has to return to its original nation, Jose Ramon Fadul, Minister for Interior and Police.

Unlawful is defined such that one believes the foreigners who do not respect the rules of the immigration laws. How Fadul told there are 18 immigration categories, these will be "positive and transparent", so that people have confidence and be subject to the regulatory plan. The immigration authorities, the ministers will work closely with neighborhood associations, churches and other social organizations in order to prevent abuse.

Fadul continues: "Who the immigration rules does not submit to return must be in his home country, that is elementary - and I ask. Which country in the world allows people there illegal residence" The interior minister stressed in his speech that the Dominican government to pressure from international organisms will give way and the provincial government have made it clear in his speech in Cuba that the Dominican Republic is a sovereign country.

For judgment 168-13, this ensured that thousands were denied by descendants of Haitian ancestors who already awarded Dominican nationality, the Minister took the following words position: ". That's their problem" Overall, according to JCE president Roberto Rosario, are in the coming days in all 32 provinces facilities installed to edit the rules of the illegal aliens living in the country.

This includes the biometric data capture, face shots and fingerprints are used for identification. The Home Secretary took the opportunity at the press conference to be true on another problem pointed out. This is about the sale of alcohol in the vicinity of universities. The Home Office working on a plan for the sale of alcoholic beverages near universities to ban. It is operated, together with the town halls to find a solution.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
whoa.... they've been reading DR1 and taking note of the scofflaws...

who say - Why get the residency? Too much trouble ....

CCCologne, change your handle.........

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I went to migracion this morning to find out what to do. My residencia expires on july 2nd and I am leaving the country before that to come back after that. They told me to wait renewal when I come back, which I won't do. I did read do that if you have your residencia from before 1996, you don't need the medical exam and neither the extra papers (garantia etc.). I thought I would be good with the solvency, since the title of our house is on both our names, but it needs to be ONLY on your name. The car that's on my name is of 2005, thus that won't help either, and our local bank accounts are on my wife's name, so I will have to get a guarantee letter. For the rest the process doesn't seem too difficult, just a lot of money, including the almost 4000 pesos for the medical exam and 8000 for a 4 year renewal.

The place was packed though. It seems I have to wait until I am 45 days before expiring, I hope it won't be that full of people by then.

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
I did read do that if you have your residencia from before 1996, you don't need the medical exam and neither the extra papers (garantia etc.)

This is totally correct, renewing my residencia was a piece of cake, except for the money of course