Need help renting an Oxygen Concentrator

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
My dad is coming to visit and he has to be on oxygen 24/7. He has a portable concentrator but would like a regular concentrator for night time. Does anyone have any information on this? I had one place in POP that had ONE concentrator and it was broken. They were cheap and would have only charged me $100 USD for 12 days. OXA wants $50 USD a DAY for one. Does anyone else know of any other rental companies or ideas? It would be much appreciated.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I had the same problem with my father for many years- emphysema

He had the portable - the airlines gave hin O2 on the plane and we rented the big O2 tanks for hotels etc.

so try to find an oxygen tank - ask a hospital where they get theirs or if you can rent theirs.

good luck

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I would call a pulmonologist and ask where to find them.

I know HOMS has several on staff.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
I had the same problem with my father for many years- emphysema

He had the portable - the airlines gave hin O2 on the plane and we rented the big O2 tanks for hotels etc.

so try to find an oxygen tank - ask a hospital where they get theirs or if you can rent theirs.

good luck

My dad has emphysema as well. The hospitals company is just super expensive and I was hoping to find a concentrator instead of tanks. Its turning into a huge hassle...typical.

I will keep making phone calls :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh, it's a hassle.

We had a tank on the golf cart at Pebble Beach.....
It was a tournament, we were all better than 6 or so and the Old Boy was an 18....... we needed him on the 3's and certain other strategic holes....

He was our secret weapon.... did the job well.

That was his last golf outing....... but he had a trophy to show for it.
I miss him still.

The pulmonologist is a good idea.
Hunt Santo Domingo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
still thinking.... are there any private care facilities you could call?

Another - Clinica Abreu in Sto Domingo might be helpful........

PM CCCCCologne.... he has hospital exeperience..... janitor or something but still might have a connection
(kidding, JK about the broom pushing)
PM him

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There is a pulmonologist at Bournigal. Since this in the North Coast forum, that might be easier than SD.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A pulmo would know exactly where to get a concentrator (was in that biz for years.)

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
Oh, it's a hassle.

We had a tank on the golf cart at Pebble Beach.....
It was a tournament, we were all better than 6 or so and the Old Boy was an 18....... we needed him on the 3's and certain other strategic holes....

He was our secret weapon.... did the job well.

That was his last golf outing....... but he had a trophy to show for it.
I miss him still.

The pulmonologist is a good idea.
Hunt Santo Domingo

That sounds like an amazing last golf outing. Pebble beach and a trophy :)

Will hunt down the pulmonologist ASAP. Thank you!

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
Thank you everyone!!! Will do! Hunting down pulmonologist today (the week before Easter..)!

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
This is from Floridaborn You can try Farmonacol - medical supplies - is across the street from Metro bus station, next to Diocese Casa de Oracion. Calle Beller

She/he is right they had my nasal cunnal for 20 peso's YAHOOOOOO thank you so much