Meet-ups for extranjeros in Santo Domingo

ozmorena

May 26, 2009
Just wondering if there are any meet-up groups for extranjeros. And also any for those with kids, especially English speaking kids.

crisgu

Apr 30, 2009
Just wondering if there are any meet-up groups for extranjeros. And also any for those with kids, especially English speaking kids.

Hi,

you may want to try internations.org, they organise get togethers every now and then!

:)

Pablo29

Mar 23, 2013
Isn't it easier to meet up with people who speak English in your own country?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I've brought up the question a couple of times with out much in the way of a positive response. I was thinking only of myself but now that you mention it, it would be nice for my daughter to get some more exposure to native English speakers. A regular early evening or weekend get together would be great.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If your kids interact with Dominican children, they will be speaking like a "Local" before next week!
Do them, and yourself, a BIG favor, expose them to SPANISH, they already speak English!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe the kid has enough contact with spanish already and parents want it to be around english speaking folks so it learns proper english as well?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
My daughter goes to an excellent school in the capitol where some of her classes are taught in English (math for example). While her teachers are fluent, English is clearly not their first language. And when she is in the United States she spends much of her time in Dominican communities. I would like to see her occasionally get involved in situations where she has to use her English in order to be understood. So getting back to the original topic of this thread...............Some sort of semi regular get together of north American English speaking folks in the capitol would be nice. Kid friendly would be nicer. Bilingual kids would be wonderful.

Doncamilo

Jun 22, 2012
Hash House Harriers is not so much for kids...foul language is used here an there, for grown up entertainment :)

Internations is a expat social group alright, but also not for kids intended.
You as a grown up might meet other expats with kids and from there set up your own get together