How common is the situation that I found myself in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
How often does the Dominican SO of a foreigner basically push a person to do something or arrange for them to be jailed? For the three months I was in prison there were two other people that were able to speak English there that alleged the same kind of thing I was a victim of. I bet there a lot of cases like mine that never make it to the person going to the main jail like I did.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Not a very clearr post, but tell u what, dont put ureself in a situation where u could be jailed...... Simple!!!!

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
How often does the Dominican SO of a foreigner basically push a person to do something or arrange for them to be jailed? For the three months I was in prison there were two other people that were able to speak English there that alleged the same kind of thing I was a victim of. I bet there a lot of cases like mine that never make it to the person going to the main jail like I did.

I've heard of this happening in Sosua to sex tourists. Where did this happen to you and what were the circumstances?

May 29, 2006
Let's not open that can of worms. Let's just say that the odds of this happening goes way up when you have lots of money and your GF or wife doesn't.

The recent Frank Reyes case comes to mind. It doesn't just happen to foreigners.

Knew a Canadian in his 20s who was being stupid in Sosua on vacation. He was flashing money around and looking for coke and young chicas. One day he disappeared and I assumed he got shaken down.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

if you would simply stop trying to make girlfriends out of some of these women, this stuff would not happen to you. fix a price, take them to a cabana, do your business, and give them the fare for a motoconcho. don't even let them know where you live. don't give them your phone number, but take theirs in case you might want a second round. this is all very simple.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
That is a hard way to learn a lesson. There is a lot of illegal **** that goes down here. Don't be part of it or associate with those you do or you will find yourself in a worse spot than this.

LTSteve

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
You have to be careful now even at the Airports no more traveling out of the Country with Hashish taped to your back and stomach.. or some women will end up calling you "Billy BillY you've got to get out of here" at the Prison Dominican Midnight Express.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
ok but to understand properly to the OP, it would be compulsary to know whats going on
:)

Aug 6, 2006
How could anyone possibly know how common this is? Could it be that someone is taking a poll? What would the answer be?

"14 out of 10,000 tourists had a similar problem. This compares with 2 out of 10,000 falling out of a guagua, 34 out of 10000 being served a Bohemia instead of a President Light, and 134 finding that the limpiabotas used brown polish on their black shoes".

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Also nice to find one that does not need a lifetime membership to Jenny Craig.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no. his problem is that he is a lonely man with aspergers who thinks the only way he can find someone to be with him is pay for play skank in DR because he already found a turd, sorry - a diamond like this once. he then married her and one day in a heat of an argument he locked her outside of the house. so she called the cops and had him arrested on domestic violence issues. he then lost most of what he had in DR and spent 3 months behind the bars yet still wants to come back to DR.

he is a fool who does not learn on own mistakes and is bound to repeat them again until all his money is gone and/or someone offs him in this pursuit for happiness. and no, damn aspergers is not an excuse to act like that. he keeps on whining about being sad and lonely but he does not seek professional help because he took antidepressants once and they made him feel bad.

i rest my case. i was sympathetic towards this in the beginning but my patience got worn out at the creases.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The Original Poster's problem is that he makes attempts to befriend Roaches and Rats in an on going effort to get laid as much as possible. This is his number one problem. The Roachies dictate to him the terms of this friendship that is the number two problem. That is a disaster in the works. Guys become so desperate to be accepted that they will compromise whatever little common sense they have, just to get laid. Lets be real here, if not for the sexual attraction to the flea-bag Roach broads and Hood-Rats what purpose do you have to talk to them? You want to get laid, they want to get paid. So like the other guy said, dont tell them where you live, dont even tell them your real name. Get a dual Sim card phone and use them solely for a Cabana Bonanza.

If you re going to pay for your friendship put a business model to it and ask yourself "Am I getting any value in this relationship? Are my transaction fees to high? Is this distribution network prohibitive in the long term?"

I have to disagree.

I remember the announcement of the nupitals complete with pictures of the blushing sow and all the exclaimation from this Guy about how "see? there not all cueros" and how his beloved Miss Piggy was the "light of his life and his bestest friend and blah blah blah" and that is when I was convinced that the whole conversation just needed a little time to develop into the nightmare that he ended up living through. The saddest part of it is that he still BLAMES HER...

How lost in the sauce does one have to be to believe that someone with whom they have absolutely nothing in common would pick them out of millions of their own countrymen with whom they share culture, language, history, art, music, food appreciation, etc. etc? Let's face it, if you were funny looking, lacking a personality and totally devoid of common sense wherever you came from then what could possibly turn any of that around in a foreign land where you have even less to offer from a non-material standpoint. More importantly, how lost and lonely can a Man be to mistake the attention of someone who is clearly on the hustle for some form of "love"? One would have to start out with no clue as to what love is, where it comes from and what it feels like and that is sad.

Sadder, still is the fact that after 3 Months in a Dominican jail for the crime of gross stupidity, it still wasn't enough time to think through the situation and realize his own culpability. You know the old saying "You can't cheat an honest Man"? I believe it. She greased him up, making him believe that she thought he was handsome, charming and attractive, which he KNEW he wasn't. She gave him a new identity and he liked it. What he didn't realize is that every illusion has only a temporary effect, at the end of which all will appear exactly as it is. How can he be angry or disappointed in her? Imagine what she had to go through, being separated from the real love of her life while pumping up this fat foreigner with no appeal, allowing him to defile her simply to afford access to the financial means to just get by, which came so easily to him. How does he get to deserve the financial means which aren't available to so many far more capable and deserving Men?

She came to him as an "Angel". Be careful what you ask for because she served as the Avenging Angel of Death to any Gringo who really believes that his money is powerful enough to buy him respect, love or a soul. So what did he learn? Nothing! He comes back on here professing his preference for Latinas, mumbling something about San Diego and Mexico and I laughed until my sides hurt thinking what this Guy really has a preference for is swimming out of his depth, getting his butt kicked and blaming others for his mistakes and if he thought they were rude to him in the D.R. just wait until they get a load of this Guy in Mexico where Gringo is always on the menu.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
if you would simply stop trying to make girlfriends out of some of these women, this stuff would not happen to you. fix a price, take them to a cabana, do your business, and give them the fare for a motoconcho. don't even let them know where you live. don't give them your phone number, but take theirs in case you might want a second round. this is all very simple.

... and have a batphone for social communication.

Reserve your main phone for essential use. Security has several layers.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011

I would say that you have a book in you, easily, brother. I would also like to know more details:

1. how much did it cost you to get out of jail?
2. how many people were in the cell with you, or did you have your own cell?
3. what did you eat while there?
4. did people bring you food?
5. did you have access to money?

Overall, after you got out of jail, what was the total cost on incarceration--including the time spent in prison?

PS. If you want, I could be persuaded to write about it for money. I'll put it into book form for you. But, like everything else, it costs money. PM if you want someone to write about your experiences in jail here and what led up to being unfairly incarcerated. I've been there, I've written about it. The story is here on DR1 if you want to look it up.

Frank

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm sure some people just like to keep re-reading their own posts.

Make a prison life post with some insights, instead of the bleeding heart "I got screwed by a chopa".

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.