One cigarette, three putas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Well, we did the move from the Campo to the big city of Sosua. I took the family out to dinner in Sosua, at a nice restaurant, and after dinner went for a smoke. While standing on the sidewalk, in the time it took to smoke one cigarette, I was approached by three, yes three, putas. And not a group of three, three separate ladies. It seems, like the real estate here, it is a buyers market.

To say that Sosua has a problem with prostitution, is an understatement.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Wonderful news. Reading this post is just like getting a call from my stock broker telling me all the markets are up.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Well, I guess not a problem per se... I'm the type that has to be drug out of the house kicking and screaming, and has one 'marry em and bury em suit'.

Coming from Imbert, I was just surprised. We were treated more like locals there than tourists.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Well, I guess not a problem per se... I'm the type that has to be drug out of the house kicking and screaming, and has one 'marry em and bury em suit'.

Coming from Imbert, I was just surprised. We were treated more like locals there than tourists.

After a few weeks they won't bother you.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I only like going to Sosua when the Wife is with me, I can't stand being touched by the putas!!!! If i want some action I will ask for it!!
To be fair the motoconcho guys bother me just as much saying "MOTO" "MOTO" "MOTO" SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

It is a lot different here compared the campo. EVERYONE asks for hand outs. There is a man living in the unfinished house next door who is trying to convince me that he is running around the neighborhood turning on water valves for me so I can fill my pool and cistern; he knows were the valve is that goes to my house, and turns it on and off and pretends to be helpful. Back in Imbert, people worked for their money. Here, it seems, fleecing gringos is a profession!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well, we did the move from the Campo to the big city of Sosua. I took the family out to dinner in Sosua, at a nice restaurant, and after dinner went for a smoke. While standing on the sidewalk, in the time it took to smoke one cigarette, I was approached by three, yes three, putas. And not a group of three, three separate ladies. It seems, like the real estate here, it is a buyers market.

To say that Sosua has a problem with prostitution, is an understatement.

Smoking cigarettes is hazardous to your health, putas keep you young.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
The worst is this Haitian guy walking around all day selling his learn spanish yellow books. On my last 2 month trip he must have offered me his product no less than 1500 times.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The worst is this Haitian guy walking around all day selling his learn spanish yellow books. On my last 2 month trip he must have offered me his product no less than 1500 times.

Guess what, he works hard, and used to make really good money when there was tourism.
If you actually tell him he needs a new product, he talks to you.
Has he ever asked you for a nickle, not a beggar.
It's third world country, not everyone can live off their SS disability from USA.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Guess what, he works hard, and used to make really good money when there was tourism.
If you actually tell him he needs a new product, he talks to you.
Has he ever asked you for a nickle, not a beggar.
It's third world country, not everyone can live off their SS disability from USA.

Actually we did have a few conversations. He is a proud man and did not beg for any money. He stated he did quite well selling those books. I said to him I have told you "No" everyday for the last few weeks. He replied "Some people just buy from me because they are tired of me asking them everyday!!!"

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Just do it, it is filthy and costly.
I quit COLD TURKEY 3/15/02.

I know it... Quit for two years before I moved here... You can buy just one, or two, or three at the Colmados! And, that's how it started again. Ahorita.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
lol i tell him every time i use the website spanichdic.com but he keep coming back

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
it seems like it. if i was him i would just give spanish lessons for tips i would go for that. i gave a guy money to just give me some lessons because he was broke and always asking for money every time and he taught me one word and walked away to get money from another person

Status
Not open for further replies.