Blackberry Pin works with wifi?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I've been told that Blackberry pin also works with wifi but I can't get it to work, does anybody know if this is possible?
Yes I know about whatsapp, viber etc

Yes, its works, I used to be blackberry lover until I switched to Iphone, and when I traveled out of the Dominican Republic my BB Pin worked with Wifi, so just find out where is the free WiFi and Chat, also whatsapp works with WiFI.

The BB Pin do not work only if your BB Internet Services is not in service before you leave, so make sure you pay your phone bill before you leave the country if you want that your Pin works with WIFI.

For Iphones and Android, BB Messenger works any time you have an internet connection

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Riva, I live in the DR and have wifi but I have a BB smart phone not an Android.
I'll take it to one of the "nerds" here maybe they can help me out with it.
Thxs

So if you have the BIS service activate (Blackberry Internet Service) Full or Social from your telephone company on your phone, the BB Pin must work with WiFi, if the BIS Services is not activated will never work with WiFi, will only work your explorer with the WiFi.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
So if you have the BIS service activate (Blackberry Internet Service) Full or Social from your telephone company on your phone, the BB Pin must work with WiFi, if the BIS Services is not activated will never work with WiFi, will only work your explorer with the WiFi.

Riva, I have the BIS activated but it doesn't use the wifi it uses the cell phone network. In order to have the BIS activated one has to pay a minimum of RD20/day up to RD50/day. The reason I asked was because I don't wanna pay RD1500 per month which is outrageous. In Panama I only pay $15 per month and I have been told that somehow it's possible to have bbpin by using wifi. A friend of mine does it and he doesn't have an Android.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
frank, what model of a phone do you have? does it have wifi option for internet at all?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Riva, I have the BIS activated but it doesn't use the wifi it uses the cell phone network. In order to have the BIS activated one has to pay a minimum of RD20/day up to RD50/day. The reason I asked was because I don't wanna pay RD1500 per month which is outrageous. In Panama I only pay $15 per month and I have been told that somehow it's possible to have bbpin by using wifi. A friend of mine does it and he doesn't have an Android.

Its weird that, as far as I know the BBM in blackberry works only when you pay for BIS Service. You should ask to you friend how he can have the service and not paying for the BIS.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Yes, its works, I used to be blackberry lover until I switched to Iphone, and when I traveled out of the Dominican Republic my BB Pin worked with Wifi, so just find out where is the free WiFi and Chat, also whatsapp works with WiFI.

The BB Pin do not work only if your BB Internet Services is not in service before you leave, so make sure you pay your phone bill before you leave the country if you want that your Pin works with WIFI.

For Iphones and Android, BB Messenger works any time you have an internet connection

I don't think that BBM will work! That's what a lot of Blackberry users complained about: BBM free for owners of other devices, but people who stuck with the dying platform have to pay extra.