Help for rocca/moved to santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
WELL, ITS BEEN A WHILE AGAIN SINCE POSTING, WAS FORCED OUT OF MY APARTMENT IN PUERTO PLATA,AND GETTING ROBBED OF MY SECURITY DEPOSIT TO BOOT!!! NOW LIVING IN SANTIAGO. ITS A LONG STORY, BUT I'M NOW IN SANTIAGO AND OF COURSE THINGS COULD NOT GET WORSE SO I THOUGHT..FIRST, I'M IN AN AREA CALLED LA CIENAGA, IF YOU DON'T KNOW OF IT AND WANT TO MOVE HERE DONT!!! HAS NO LIGHTS FOR 12 OR MORE HOURS PER DAY!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAND LORD LIED TO MY GIRL, SAID WE WOULD HAVE LIGHTS 24/7..YEA RIGHT!!! ANYTHING TO RENT YOUR PLACE FOCKING PEOPLE HERE!!! SICK OF IT!!!ALL THE SAME CRAP, ANYTHING FOR MONEY!!! AND WHO PAYS FOR THE MOVING TRUCK AND ALL THE CLEANING ETC WE HAD TO DO????!!!

THAT SAID, I AM NOW LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PLACE, THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!! AND I THOUGHT 5 HOURS WITH NO ELECTRIC WAS BAD, THIS IS NUTS!!! AND JUST A FEW DAYS IN, MY DOG THAT I RESCUED AT ONLY 2 WEEKS OF AGE, NOW 11 MONTHS GOT HIT BY A CAR. I CHECKED HER OVER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, HAD MANY CUTS, WAS BLEEDING QUITE A BIT, AND THEN I FOUND SHE COULD NOT WALK,HIND LEGS WOULD JUST HANG DOWN OR SPLIT APART, CLASSIC CASE OF A BROKEN/FRACTURED PELVIS FOR I HAVE SEEN MANY BEFORE, BEING A VET TECH FOR A FEW YEARS.

I HAD NO MONEY TO PAY FOR A VET, BUT TOOK HER ANYWAYS. AND LIKE MOST DOCTORS HERE, WANNA BE'S!!!! HAS NO XRAY MACHINE, JUST PALPATION (USED HANDS TO LOOK AT HER)..YEA, I DID TOO!! PAST VET TECH HERE...HE SAID SHE WAS FINE..FINE??? SHE CAN'T WALK!! THINK YOU MISSED SOMETHING?? THINK BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!! HE GAVE HER 5 SHOTS, BET THEY WERE FILLED WITH WATER TOO..CHARGED ME 400 PESOS, GAVE WHAT I COULD, HE WAS OKAY WITH THAT..SO HERE I AM WITH NO LIGHTS MOST OF THE DAYS AND MY DOG IS NOT GETTING ANY HELP...I DID A BASIC BODY WRAP ON HER FOR SUPPORT SINCE THESE THINGS CAN SOMETIMES HEAL ON THERE OWN BUT WOULD NOT BE NORMAL IF NOT SET AND WOULD LEAD INTO ARTHRITIS FOR SURE.

IN ALL CASES OF PELVIC BREAKS, IF THERE IS NO SCIATICA DAMAGE,DOG CAN PEE/POOP, THEN ALL BETS ARE ON FOR A PRETTY GOOD RECOVERY ON ITS OWN. ROCCA SEEMS TO BE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES, BUT I FEAR SHE MAY HAVE MULTIABLE BREAKS WHERE A PLATE AND OR SCREWS WOULD BE REQUIRED.SHE IS IN A LOT OF PAIN, CAN'T EVEN GET HER PAIN MEDS I'M TOTALLY DESTITUTE RIGHT NOW BEING I HAD TO PAY FOR A NEW PLACE WHICH WAS NOT EXPECTED AT ALL!!THAT WAS MY LIVE ON MONEY AND OF COURSE THE SOB STEALING ONE OF MY DEPOSITS!! SO, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS HERE ON DR1, BUT I AM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR ROCCA. AND I WILL POST A VIDEO OF HER TOMORROW AT SOME POINT WHEN I HAVE LIGHTS AGAIN. I BEEN SEARCHING Interrupciones Programadas

FOR MY LOCATION, BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND IT, BUT I AM CERTAINLY ON THEIR D SCALE BEING THE WORST AREA IN PROVIDING ELECTRIC...OF COURSE, ITS ME!!!!!! AND BEING MY PASSPORT IS REVOKED, ANOTHER LONG STORY...WHAT FUN I HAVE HERE!! ANY HELP WOULD HAVE TO BE VIA WESTERN UNION UNDER MY GIRL'S NAME OR MY PAYPAL WHICH I WOULD HATE TO USE SINCE IT TAKES A FEW DAYS...ROCCA IS CERTAINLY NOT WELL, AND THE LONGER THIS GOES ON, THERE ARE SO MANY COMPLICATIONS THAT CAN HAPPEN STARTING WITH INFECTIONS. SHE REALLY NEEDS A FULL WORKUP STARTING WITH AN XRAY AND BLOOD WORK. HOWEVER AND AGAIN, I KNOW ITS A BROKEN PELVIS, 100%, SEEN ENOUGH OF THOSE. USUALLY COST BETWEEN 3,000 - 5,000 US, BUT WHO KNOWS HERE AND IF ANYONE IS CAPABLE OF DOING IT, BUT OF COURSE THEY WOULD SAY YES!!! MAY BE BEST TO LET HER GO NATURAL HEAL SINCE I HAVE HER PRETTY STABLE SO I THINK, BUT NEED MEDICATIONS ASAP..I JUST DON'T KNOW..SHE NEEDS HELP

THAT SAID, I MAY NEED TO PUT HER DOWN WHICH I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT...I'M A TOTAL MESS!! FRUSTRATED FOR BEING LIED TOO, ONCE AGAIN BEING ROBBED, THIS PLACE HAS BEEN PURE HELL!! ONLY THING THAT SEEMS NORMAL IS THIS SITE WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR HER, SO ANY HELP WOULD BE OUTSTANDING!! IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I AM AND WANTS TO COME BY, PLEASE DO SO! I DON'T KNOW ANYONE HERE AND I ACTUALLY WISH I WAS BACK IN POP RIGHT NOW,AT LEAST I HAVE FRIENDS THERE AND A VERY GOOD VET...

THANKS

ANTHONY

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
WOW, what a bummer!!!!!!!!!!When things calm down maybe consider moving to Las Terrenas. Has a private electric company there. Very little in the way of power outages. Hope your life gets back on track.

LTSteve

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I BEEN SEARCHING Interrupciones Programadas

FOR MY LOCATION, BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND IT, BUT I AM CERTAINLY ON THEIR D SCALE BEING THE WORST AREA IN PROVIDING ELECTRIC...OF COURSE, ITS ME!!!!!!

Go to the last page for Santiago, Circuit ZFSA105CIE, type D, must be your area. Your next downtime is 1pm to 7pm, and then all good till 7am tomorrow.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Several members have recommended that BEFORE you rent or buy a place, ask to see a recent electric bill, it will tell you if you are in a D circuit.

We live in a D circuit, electric off at least 12 hours a day, with our inverters it doesn't affect us at all. The only thing that won't run is the 200V well pump, but there's always plenty of water in both the cistern and the tinaco.

You have to work with/around the electricity.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Requesting money via pay pal or western union. ?..... your transformation is complete. You are a Dominican.

katalina

Jan 14, 2014
I live about 10 minutes away from cienaga, tell me where you are and I will drive over or you could PM me.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I have no idea how your inversol can charge in the amount of time this area has lights.. I had a 2 battery setup in SD ans it took a good 8 hours or more for a full charge which lasted only 5 hours based on some TV, Computer and common lights, 1 or 2 on...But we plan to get out of here by Months end, looking for another place. Thanks for your post as always though, much appreciated and will certainly request a past electric bill on the next, good info!!!

Ant

Several members have recommended that BEFORE you rent or buy a place, ask to see a recent electric bill, it will tell you if you are in a D circuit.

We live in a D circuit, electric off at least 12 hours a day, with our inverters it doesn't affect us at all. The only thing that won't run is the 200V well pump, but there's always plenty of water in both the cistern and the tinaco.

You have to work with/around the electricity.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, I too found that zone, but its been off by 30 minutes to 1 hour..we got hit at exactly 12:30PM this afternoon, just came on at 7pm, so its kind of correct and will use it for now....

Thanks for helping out!!

Ant

Go to the last page for Santiago, Circuit ZFSA105CIE, type D, must be your area. Your next downtime is 1pm to 7pm, and then all good till 7am tomorrow.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have no idea how your inversol can charge in the amount of time this area has lights.. I had a 2 battery setup in SD ans it took a good 8 hours or more for a full charge which lasted only 5 hours based on some TV, Computer and common lights, 1 or 2 on...But we plan to get out of here by Months end, looking for another place. Thanks for your post as always though, much appreciated and will certainly request a past electric bill on the next, good info!!!

Ant

We have two inverters, each with 4 batteries, one for the house, and one for the fridge [it's a big GE]. We've never had them run out. We don't have AC, and when on inverter we are careful what we use, especially during the day.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I figured it was a 4 battery setup. No way you can do a 2 battery setup here with so little time to recharge...How about a Vet in this area?? Rocca needs some serious help, I'm very frustrated, perhaps I can work out a payment plan no idea though..

We have two inverters, each with 4 batteries, one for the house, and one for the fridge [it's a big GE]. We've never had them run out. We don't have AC, and when on inverter we are careful what we use, especially during the day.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Skynet...Dr Brent from Canada is currently here performing some work with AAAS in Sosua - I am sure he would be happy to look at your dog for you - he is a very good surgeon....Dr Gisselle in Santiago (animales en peligro) is also very good and a bit closer to you...

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Do you happen to have his number? I will try a web search for him, thanks so much!!!

Skynet...Dr Brent from Canada is currently here performing some work with AAAS in Sosua - I am sure he would be happy to look at your dog for you - he is a very good surgeon....Dr Gisselle in Santiago (animales en peligro) is also very good and a bit closer to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.