Wristwatch repair

Aug 6, 2006
One can buy a very accurate watch at Wal*Mart for US $15 or less. No one will mug you for it or steal it. When it stops running, replace the battery or just buy a new one. The DR is probably not the place where one should bring his Rolex.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Relojer?a Seiko

Have not encountered a watch repair in Bavaro. PJT's good experiences has been with Relojer?a Seiko, Av 27 de Febrero, Santo Domingo, at the El Nacional Market location. 809) 537-5017

Regards,

PJT

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Have not encountered a watch repair in Bavaro. PJT's good experiences has been with Relojer?a Seiko, Av 27 de Febrero, Santo Domingo, at the El Nacional Market location. 809) 537-5017

Regards,

PJT
THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I have a Seiko that needs a minor repair, but by someone who knows what the heck they're doing! We'll be in SDQ next week!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Only place I know and the guy is very limited in what he does is at Plaza San Juan to the left of the cinema. Havent been there recently so might have changed.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Drop off service

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I have a Seiko that needs a minor repair, but by someone who knows what the heck they're doing! We'll be in SDQ next week!

It has been a few years since PJT has been to the site, hope things have not changed. There is an entrance between the El Nacional and the ferreteria. The entrance opens into and extends to a small internal mall. The Seiko shop is in that area. There is parking in front, on Av 27.

Note: You can drop off the watch, they will provide an estimate, with approval do the service, and bus courier it back to you. PJT has done it. Ask when you get there to see if they still provide the service. (Cheaper than costs of returning to pick-up)

Regards,

PJT

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
This post combined with my having watched my neighbor repair his car produced such funny images for me that I laughed out-loud: a watch being worked on with a big screwdriver and the the ever present vice-grips. Thanks.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Would recommend the watch repair shop at the Multicentro La Sirena in Santo Domingo (Av Winston Churchill with Gustavo Mejia Ricart).

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Bavaro is at most a 2:30 hr drive from Santo Domingo. Make this an excuse to come to the big city! Just make it before the traffic jam hours -- 7:30am-9am, 12pm-2pm and 4:30pm-8pm.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Necessity

Ok, so no decent watch repair closer than a 5-hour bus ride?

It is a question of necessity to make the trip. Watches have become more of an item of bling than time reference. People have become attached to cell phones and like equipment with time displays. Wristwatch sales have been declining because of the handheld electronic communicators.

If one has a cell phone, the trip to Santo Domingo is elective. If one goes there other reasons suggest he can blend in a visit to a watch repair location.

Regards,

PJT

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
It always amazes me how folks on internet forums can reply to a Yes/No question with everything including the kitchen sink *except* a Yes or No.