Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Punta Cana to Villa Altagracia w/out going through SDQ?

Is there a way yo get to Villa Altagracia coming from PUJ without having to go through Santo Domingo? If yes how long would it take?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet, Danilo is building a bypass from Boca Chica to autopista duarte km 23

El Caribe » Avanza primera fase de Circunvalación Sto. Dgo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn...

OK. It seems I can't avoid SDQ then. I arrived many times in SDQ by Taxi at around 7 am / 8 am. Traffic jam allover / rush hour. Is it better to arrive at like 9 or 10 AM? Is the traffic less or is it the same all day?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

PUJ-->Boca Chica->Bayaguana->Monte Plata->Cotui->Piedra Blanca->Villa Alta Gracia.

Will take longer, but a really interesting route.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I've seen that route in maps. Not sure how up to date that is. Do you know how the condition of the roads are there? And how long it would take me more or less?

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    PUJ-->Boca Chica->Bayaguana->Monte Plata->Cotui->Piedra Blanca->Villa Alta Gracia.

Will take longer, but a really interesting route.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Yes. I've seen that route in maps. Not sure how up to date that is. Do you know how the condition of the roads are there? And how long it would take me more or less?
    I've ridden it on motorcycle as well as SUV. It's fine, paved except for maybe a kilometer toward Cotui, and then it top hardpacked gravel for that short stretch. It's actually a nice, pleasant ride.

I'd say maybe 3 hours MOL from BC to Piedra Blanca, then maybe 20-30 mins to Villa Altagracia.

7. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Traffic, terrible at 7am a little better at 10am.

LTSteve

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Running the gauntlet

As much as PJT dislikes having to run the gauntlet of Santo Domingo to get to the west or to the central mountains the option of transiting the capital from the east is the lesser of the evils for him, especially if getting from point A to point B is of importance. You have to decide upon your own agenda which gauntlet you wish to challenge.

Just hoping the northern bypass from Boca Chica to Autopista Duarte is finished in reasonable time.

Regards,

PJT