Interesting times/country we live in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
I suppose its not so much the initial act of violence that is extraordinary but the rapid formation of a 'violent mob' - that would be an area of concern for say trade, investment or some mid -western parent contemplating where to go for a family vacation this summer.....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He got what he deserved. He could have been Dominican, American, Chinese, or whatever.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Stabbed a 4 month old in the neck?!?

I don't know about killing him but if they were just gonna beat the crap out of him, I definitely would've put in a few swift kicks to the gut.

SHALENA

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I suppose its not so much the initial act of violence that is extraordinary but the rapid formation of a 'violent mob' - that would be an area of concern for say trade, investment or some mid -western parent contemplating where to go for a family vacation this summer.....

Yeah I guess it is very different from the states where most people would simply just stand around doing nothing but watching this guy stab the child or video taping it so they could post it on youtube. Personally, I agree that this Hatian man got what he deserved.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yeah I guess it is very different from the states where most people would simply just stand around doing nothing but watching this guy stab the child or video taping it so they could post it on youtube. Personally, I agree that this Hatian man got what he deserved.

don't be silly. in the USA you can get a legal smack for not helping someone. people would react. the only difference is that they would hold the perpetrator down until the arrival of the police (within minutes) because they would be scared to be prosecuted for hurting him.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
don't be silly. in the USA you can get a legal smack for not helping someone. people would react. the only difference is that they would hold the perpetrator down until the arrival of the police (within minutes) because they would be scared to be prosecuted for hurting him.[/QUOTE

You're correct, but can you give me one example where it was upheld?? I will post a few examples regarding people in the good ol USA standing around while crimes are being committed.. Do a search for yourself to get an idea how much this unfortunately happens.. It's sad BUT TRUE.

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

On October 24th, 2009, as many as 20 witnesses watched as a 15 year old girl was brutally assaulted and raped outside a homecoming dance in Richmond, CA. The viciousness of the attack was shocking, but what was even more shocking was the fact that so many people witnessed the attack and yet failed to intervene or call police.

Deborah Boothby Was Beaten to Death While 100 Watched; Now 4 People Arrested

A young woman was allegedly beaten outside a nightclub while people watched and took videos of the attack with their mobile phones. A witness says no one tried to stop the fight or help the victim, who later died. Police have since made two arrests and have charged one woman with murder. Dr. Drew and his guests will weigh in on this behavior.Tonight: Woman beaten as people take videos | HLNtv.com

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's enough problem to be just accused, you don't have to be sentenced. and people in DR stand over dying accident victims snapping photos too. your attempts at "usa is much worse" will never be successful.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
it's enough problem to be just accused, you don't have to be sentenced. and people in DR stand over dying accident victims snapping photos too. your attempts at "usa is much worse" will never be successful.

You're missing my point.. It's not about one place being better than the other.. It's about ALL of the places being the same more or less regarding human nature and that there are good and bad people in every society and country in the world. No country is immune. Not even the US.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Good, the Bad and the Dominicans

It's about ALL of the places being the same more or less regarding human nature and that there are good and bad people in every society and country in the world.

Well, that is one of those motherhood statements.

IMO, people are as bad or good as the police and the justice system let them be.

Talking about police and the justice system in the Dominican Republic.....? :bunny: :tired:

To me it's amazing how "good" people still are given those circumstances.... :rolleyes:

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You're missing my point.. It's not about one place being better than the other.. It's about ALL of the places being the same more or less regarding human nature and that there are good and bad people in every society and country in the world. No country is immune. Not even the US.

oh wait, all the places being the same? and there i thought you said:

Yeah I guess it is very different from the states

maybe it's because you did. nice pedaling backwards. make sure to dislike this post too.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Yes, but some societies is are just more educated and behave more civilized than others. DR has to make progress urgently!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Someone needs to tell "Jezabel" that this site is called "DR1" for a REASON!!!!!
She seems to think it's called, "Things are Better", in the DR, if you can make stupid comparisons to the USA1"
How can ANY comparisons between the Greatest Country The World has EVER Seen" to a land of,.......................Well,...............................Dominicans!
Nice TRY! "Jezzy"!
But "That "PERRO" Don't Hunt"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Jezzy" has yet to realize that we take "dislikes" as a "Badge of Honor"!!!!!!!!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
We are in the 21st century. I don't think we should be applauding lynchings and mob murder in any country.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

dv8, but there's a difference. Dominicans who take pictures is because they are already dead.

This man I'm quite sure was not just standing still while the neighors stabbed him. I'm quite sure
he must have taken some swipes at them with the knife too. The only difference here is that he
was out numbered.

There are many cases in the US where people will not come to the defense of others being robbed,
or stabbed because they do not want to get involved. They will just walk on by.

Some may look at it as unacceptable but only because it hasn't happened to them.
I'm sure that if someone came and stabbed them in the neck and someone came
to their defense, they would be most grateful and not be complaining about how
it should have been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.